Zoom H4N Pro + 32GB SDHC
Package containing the Zoom H4N Recorder with a 32GB SDHC Card
Brilliant Four-Track Audio Recording for Music, Film, Podcasting, and Beyond.
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
he H4n Pro provides the essential combination of mic’ing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support for plug-in power, you can use a lavalier to mic up your subject for podcasts or interviews. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ⅛" stereo feed.
With overdubbing and punch-in features, as well as studio-grade instrument effects and emulators, you can create songs from start to finish. The Pro also functions as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac. Launch your favorite recording/editing software or use the included Cubase LE to start creating.
The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8” Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
A stereo ⅛" Line/Phone Out, with dedicated volume control, allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
What's included with the H4n Pro:
- H4n Pro Handy Recorder
- Protective case
- 2 x AA batteries
- Operation manual
- Download license for Steinberg Cubase LE and WaveLab LE software
- Number of simultaneous recording tracks: 2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
- Number of simultaneous playback tracks: 2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 4 (MTR mode)
- Recording time 4 GB (SDHC): Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track) Approx. 68 hours (MP3 44.1 kHz / 128 kbps stereo track) * Recording times are approximations. Actual times may differ according to recording conditions.
- Maximum file size of simultaneous recording: 2 GB
- Projects: 1000/card
- Locate function: Hours/Minutes/Seconds/Milliseconds
- Other functions: Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
- Effects modules: 2 STEREO / 4CH Mode: LO CUT, COMP/LIMITER MTR Mode: PRE AMP module, EFX module
- Types: 53
- Patches: 60
- Tuners: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Metronome sound sources: 5
- Variable beat: 1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- A/D conversion: 24-bit × 128 oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit × 128 oversampling
- Recording media: SD card (16 MB – 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB – 32 GB)
- Display: 128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
- Dimensions: 73 (W) × 157.2 (D) × 37 (H) mm
- Weight: 294 g