Zoom H4N Pro Portable Recorder
Musicians and content creators require a tool that allows them to capture the height of their creativity the moment that inspiration strikes. No matter whether it's a demo, your band rehearsal, a live show or recording foley for your next film or video, the Zoom H4n Pro Black Portable Recorder won't let you down; providing as much or as little of a recording studio that you require.
The Ultimate Handheld Recording Studio
With onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more, the H4n Pro is packed with features that allow musicians and creatives all the tools they need to produce a recording from start to finish.
Choose from a variety of effects, including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, amp and cab emulators and more. Practice with an onboard metronome, tuner and looper.
Can function as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
The H4n Pro can capture audio in both MP3 and WAV file formats. WAV files recorded with the H4n Pro comply with BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) and include marks and creation dates. It allows for easy syncing and file organization for both musicians and filmmakers.
The H4n Pro is capable of recording the loudest and heaviest performances, up to 140 dB SPL without distortion. Take a line-level* stereo feed from the mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
A new look for a classic design
Design to travel with you and record anywhere, the H4n Pro’s design is the gold standard in portable recording. Now available in a sleek and timeless, new all-black finish.
Inputs and Outputs
The H4n Pro offers two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with switchable phantom power. Additionally, there is a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8” input jack.
Monitor your performance with headphones or connect to external devices using the stereo 1/8” line output with dedicated volume control.
- Four-track simultaneous recording, high-fidelity mic preamps Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones, two mic/line-level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control, new rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback, records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding, internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions, chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch, variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer, 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
Included with the H4n Pro
- Operation manual
- 2 x AA batteries
- Protective case
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
Optional H4n Pro Accessories
- PCH-4n Protective Case
- (compatible with both Zoom H4n and H4n Pro Handy Recorders)
- WSU-1 Universal Hairy Windscreen
- MA-2 Mic Clip Adapter
- RC4 Wired Remote Control
- HS-1 Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
- AD-14 AC Adapter