MOTU M64 MADI USB Audio Interface
The MOTU M64 is a flexible MADI interface, router, repeater, splitter, converter and mixer with AVB-TSN networking which provides 64 channels each of optical MADI I/O, coaxial/BNC MADI I/O, USB and AVB-TSN network I/O, for 514 simultaneous I/O channels!
The MOTU M64 connects to your computer, iOS device or audio network through USB2 or AVB Ethernet to provide industry-standard coaxial and optical MADI digital audio I/O in all standard formats and sample rates.
Housed in a compact, aluminium alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the M64 is equally well-suited for studio, stage or industrial applications, with or without a computer. As an interface, router, repeater, splitter, converter or stand-alone mixer, the M64 provides two independent banks of 64-channel MADI input and output, 64 channels of audio networking input and output, plus a stereo headphone output, for an astonishing 386 simultaneous I/O channels.
Connect your MADI-equipped gear and then record monitor, route, process and convert all of these live inputs using the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs and busses, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further, sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modelled vintage compression, and gating.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the M64 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable and control everything from your smartphone and tablet or both simultaneously.
Through AVB Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O - or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers. Control everything from your favourite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the audio network.
From studio to stage to corporate campus, the M64 delivers state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.
- Sample rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Digital I/O 1x BNC MADI in
- 2x BNC MADI out (mirrored)
- 1x optical MADI in/out
- 64/56 ch @ 1x, 32/28 @ 2x, 16/14 @ 4x
- Total I/O 128 in / 128 out (256 total) at 1x sample rates
- 64 in / 64 out (128 total) at 2x sample rates
- 32 in / 32 out (64 total) at 4x sample rates
- Computer I/O 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant
- USB 3.0 and iOS compatible
- Computer I/O channels 64 in/out at 1x (44.1 to 48 kHz)
- 32 in/out at 2x (88.2 to 96 kHz)
- 24 in/out at 4x (176.4 to 192 kHz)
- Headphone 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone (assignable)
- Front panel 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone output
- 4x switches for menu navigation
- 160 x 128 RGB LCD for level meters / menu
- Power External 12-18V DC power supply
- 1.0A max tip pos or neg
- Dimensions and weight (width x depth x height, enclosure only)
- 8.6 x 7 x 1.75 inches
- 22 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- 2.0 lbs / 0.9 kg