MOTU Traveler Mk3
Availability: 1 in stock
- MOTU Traveler Mk3, a portable bus-powered audio interface with onboard effects and mixing.
- Expand your Traveler-mk3 system and run it with all your favourite audio software.
- Engineered for high-end mobile recording applications.
- Delivers innovative new features and enhanced standard features that remain unique, superb sound and reliable performance.
MOTU Traveler Mk3
The Traveler-mk3 delivers innovative new features, enhanced standard features that remain unique, superb sound and reliable performance.
Engineered for high-end mobile recording applications, the Traveler-mk3 delivers four very high-quality mic inputs, bus power, optional battery power and DSP-driven mixing and effects processing.
- Sturdy lightweight construction — ready to travel with you anywhere.
- Compact size (14.75 × 9 inches) — fits easily into a napsack, briefcase or computer bag and sits perfectly under any laptop.
- Powered by computer* — no additional power supply necessary for complete recording freedom.
- Optional battery power — standard field battery pack (sold separately) can be used for extended remote recording sessions and stand-alone operation as a complete digital mixer.
- 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) — there's no channel sharing in the Traveler-mk3. Mic inputs, TRS analogue, AES/EBU, RCA S/PDIF and phones are all handled as separate channels.
- Four combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with transparent preamps, phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
- Clip protection — Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12 dB over zero.
- Individual 48V phantom power on each mic input — mix and match microphones.
- Four 24-bit 192kHz analogue inputs and eight analogue outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Digital Precision Trim™ — adjust input gain in 1dB increments on all analogue inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs). Fine-tune the balance of your analogue inputs. Save and recall multiple trim setups.
- High-resolution recording — The Traveler-mk3 can operate all analogue I/O at sample rates up to 192kHz.
- Flexible optical I/O — 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink. Mix and match formats between the two banks.
- CueMix FX™ — flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with onboard DSP effects, including classic reverb with sends/returns, plus modelled EQ and vintage compression on every input and output.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Advanced audio signal analysis — CueMix FX software provides real-time FFT and spectrogram "waterfall" displays for visual analysis of individual signals and entire mixes.
- Front-panel control — access your entire mix, or any Traveler-mk3 setting, directly from the front panel.
- Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and then bring the Traveler-mk3 to your gig — no computer needed. Just plug in the included DC power adapter. Tweak settings using the back-lit LCD.
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Compatible with the 8pre mic input expander — connect the 8pre via optical for 8 more mic inputs at sample rates up to 96 kHz fully integrated into the Traveler-mk3's CueMix FX mixing environment.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Phone jack with front panel volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz AES/EBU in/out.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
- Word clock in and out.
- Built-in SMPTE time code sync — resolves to and generates time code. Allows you to directly resolve Digital Performer, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo and other compatible host software to time code with no additional synchronizer needed.
- DC-coupled TRS outputs — can be used with Volta™ (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire.
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk 4 full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac and Windows with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire — Two FireWire 400 ports allow for daisy-chaining without a hub. Works with a FireWire 800 connection via a simple adapter or FW400-to-800 cable.
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 5.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups are available.
- Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analogue, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync, tach and lock LEDs.
- Comprehensive level metering — Front panel LCD provides vertical meters for entire banks (8 channels at once) or horizontal long-throw metering for individual channels. Meter banks are quickly accessible via the dedicated METERS rotary encoder on the front panel.
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 14.75 × 9 × 1.75 inches (37.47 × 22.86 × 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
|Connectivity||SPDIF, ADAT, Word Clock, AES , Firewire|
|No. of Mic Preamps||4|
|No. Instrument Inputs||4|
|No. of Line Inputs||8|
|No. of Line Outputs||8|
|No. of Digital Ins||16|
|No. of Digital Outs||18|
|No. of Headphone Outputs||1|