Zoom R16 Recorder/ Audio Interface/Control Surface
The first digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording that utilizes Secure Digital (SD) memory. The new R16 recorder is three production tools in one incredibly versatile device. It's a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface and a control surface, providing you with all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere you need to.
Studio-Quality Recording Wherever You Go
The Zoom R16 instantly transforms any environment into a recording studio. Not only does it offer 16 tracks for recording, but it can also be used as a DAW control surface and audio interface, allowing you to craft great-sounding music both at home and wherever your travels take you. The R16 has it all: built-in stereo condenser microphones, 8 mic/line/instrument inputs for connecting external gear, a whopping 135 onboard DSP effects, even a chromatic tuner.
Multitrack Recording Has Never Been Easier
With the ability to record up to 8 tracks simultaneously, it's easy to capture a live band or even a complete drum kit. The R16 features built-in stereo condenser microphones for field recording or quick, convenient "sketch-pad" capturing of ideas and rehearsals. It also provides 8 balanced combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs along with one Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass.
USB operation means you can control each function of your favourite DAW software from the R16 for easy mixing with fine-tuned control. Incorporate any of the 100+ built-in studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound. You can even connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
The R16 combines a remarkable level of functionality with an exceptionally intuitive design. For recording purposes, the unit supports up to 32GB SD cards, allowing more than six hours of recording using all 16 tracks. Additionally, the flexibility of SD recording not only makes the R16 lighter and more portable but also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive. You can even have respective SD cards dedicated to specific recording sessions.
With the new Zoom R16, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that puts the power to produce professional recordings right at your fingertips.
Control Your DAW
If you use DAW software, you probably love mixing in the box but hate mixing with a mouse. The R16 is the perfect solution to this. Its Mackie Control™ emulation enables the R16 to act as a full-featured control surface for popular DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and Sonar, adding physical faders and transport/status buttons that streamline the process of creating the perfect mix. In addition to this, five assignable function keys allow you to set marker points and initiate advanced editing operations.
State of the Art Editing with Every Multi-Track Recorder
The Zoom R16 comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software, providing not just the ability to capture incredible audio in every box, but to do spectacular things with them.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom R24, R16, and R8 purchase.
- Digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory
- 24-bit/48kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format, built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Includes 1GB SD card and supports cards up to 32GB SDHC, allows simultaneous recording on up to 8 tracks
- Battery operation for remote recording, USB power for studio operation
- 8 mic inputs / 2 outputs (8 x 2) and 8 balanced combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- Built-in effects can be used as outboard effects as well, Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass
- Mackie control emulation via USB for popular DAW software including Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer and more
- Over 100 built-in studio effects coming from advanced DSP
- Guitar amp and effects models, includes a preamp with phantom power on two channels
- Professional quality mastering effects, multi-band compressor, normalizer and more
- Operates as a USB storage device for quick data transfer
- Connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Undo/Redo functions
- Comes with Steinberg Cubase LE 4 and supports Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X operating systems