Drawmer MX60 Channel Strip MXPRO-60
- Drawmer MX60 Channel Strip MXPRO-60, ideally suited to project studio and live sound applications.
- A unique mic/line/instrument input channel in a single rack space provides high-quality Drawmer processing prior to tape/hard disc recording.
- Functioning as a studio-grade mic pre-amp, Program Adaptive gate, de-esser, compressor, limiter, three-band EQ and multi-band tube saturation stage.
- The MX60 offers the user more options than competitive units currently available.
Drawmer MX60 Channel Strip
The MX60 Pro Front End One is a unique mic/line/instrument input channel in a single rack space providing high-quality Drawmer processing prior to tape/hard disc recording. The MX60 is also ideally suited to project studio and live sound applications. Functioning as a studio-grade mic pre-amp, Program AdaptiveTM gate, de-esser, compressor, limiter, three-band EQ and multi-band tube saturation stage, the MX60 offers the user more options than competitive units currently available.
- Input Stage: The input stage may be switched to accept mic, line, or instrument level signals - the XLR mic input has switchable 48V phantom power and phase reverse, while the line input is on both a balanced +4dB TRS jack and an unbalanced -10dB jack. A high impedance Instrument jack is located on the front panel for use with electric guitars, basses, synths and drum machines.
- Program Adaptive™ Gate: Drawmer's proprietary Program AdaptiveTM circuitry means that all the time constants are automatically optimised for the material being processed. This enables stable gating and eliminates 'chatter' around the threshold. Controls via a single variable threshold and switchable fast/slow auto release.
- De-Esser: Floating threshold de-ess operation where the de-esser automatically and continually readjusts its own threshold level. The MX60 de-esser is almost completely automatic requiring the user only to select a switchable male or female setting and to adjust the amount of de-essing required. Only the sibilant sounds are subjected to gain reduction so that the lisping effect of simpler de-essers is avoided.
- EQ: High and low shelving sections as well as fully parametric mid-range EQ with variable frequency, 'Q', and ±18dB cut/boost.
- Compressor: High-quality VCA compressor based on that of the MX30 and DL241. Both the attack and release times are Program AdaptiveTM leaving the user with only ratio, threshold and make-up gain to adjust.
- Tubesound: Multiband 'tube saturation' allows users to create subtle warming, high-frequency effects or out-and-out obvious effects via three separate, independently adjustable audio bands. Low settings on all bands enable replication of classic tube mic sounds.
- Output: The output stage includes a limiter with a preset threshold (+16dB) and a variable master fader with output bargraph metering which sets the overall output level from OFF to +15dB. A two-stage soft/hard limiting approach has been adopted with yellow and red LEDs signifying soft (approaching limit point) and hard limiting (hitting limit point).