MOTU 828 MkIII Hybrid
- MOTU 828 MkIII Hybrid, delivering innovative new features, superb sound, and reliable performance.
- MOTU's all-time best-selling, award-winning audio interface, now with Thunderbolt Technology and USB 2.0.
- Features universal 'hybrid' FireWire/USB2 connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer.
- Equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer.
- Provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front-panel headphone outs.
MOTU 828 MkIII Hybrid
MOTU's all-time best-selling, award-winning audio interface, now with Thunderbolt™ Technology and USB 2.0.
Hybrid FireWire / USB2 connectivity
As a hybrid audio interface, the 828mk3 provides flexible connectivity to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with ten channels of pristine 192 kHz analogue recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF. Expand your system by connecting additional MOTU audio interfaces or the 8pre mic input expander.
Tons of I/O
The 828mk3 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 828mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front-panel headphone outs.
On-board digital mixer with effects for monitoring and live mixing
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven compression, EQ and reverb to every input and output, independent of your host computer. When recording from the mic/guitar inputs, the 828mk3's signal overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or harsh artefacts.
MOTU FireWire audio interfaces can connect to any Firewire port. Just plugin and go, with any standard cable. The 828mk3 Hybrid provides two FireWire Type B ports, which provide the most reliable FireWire connection available. The ports operate at 400 Mbit/s, and they can be connected to any available FireWire port on your computer, either Type A or Type B. If your computer has FireWire Type B ports, use the included 9-pin-to-9-pin FireWire cable. If your computer has either standard Type-A ports or miniature Type-A ports, use the appropriate 9-pin-to-6-pin or 9-pin-to-4-pin FireWire cable (sold separately).
Advanced audio analysis tools
Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and linear/polar phase analysis graphs.
Stand-alone operation as a mixer
After programming the onboard mixing in the studio, unplug the 828mk3 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD
The 828mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favourite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity
- CueMix FX
- 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz)
- Front-panel control
- Stand-alone operation
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes
- Two front-panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain
- Mic/guitar instrument sends
- Clip protection
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analogue inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Precision Digital Trim
- Flexible optical I/O
- Sample-accurate MIDI
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- SMPTE in and out
- Includes 32- and 64-bit native drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups are available
- Two front-panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
- Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analogue, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
|No. of Mic Preamps
|No. Instrument Inputs
|No. of Line Inputs
|No. of Line Outputs
|No. of Headphone Outputs