Sontronics HALO Dynamic Microphone for Guitar Amps
The Sontronics HALO is a dynamic microphone designed by Sontronics’ founder and designer Trevor Coley for use on guitar amps and cabinets. The HALO features a dynamic capsule suspended on a four spring mount within a retro-design circular frame and is hailed as one of the best sounding microphones users can put in front of a guitar cab.
The Sontronics HALO gives you all the bite, crunch and presence you could ever want without having to go near the EQ control. The HALO is an indispensable tool for any recording or gigging guitarist, it delivers amazingly accurate and realistic results and records signal completely clean and free of EQ that will then sit in a mix beautifully. Because of the HALO’s frequency response and peak presence, it finds itself being very suited for recording other amplified string instruments like electric violin and even banjos, acoustic guitars, bouzouki and others. Even though the HALO wasn’t designed with recording voices, you can achieve some interesting and brilliant results, especially in a live setting.
The Sontronics HALO can be placed directly in front of any guitar amp or cabinet without the fear of overloading the dynamic element. Experiment with placement until you find a sound you are happy with, but Sontronics recommend about 3 to 5cm out from the grille, positioned at the edge of the speaker cone. When recording in the studio you won’t need to crank your guitar amps as the HALO will easily capture the character of your amp even at low gain.
The Sontronics HALO is supplied with a free Sontronics plectrum and, like all Sontronics microphones, it is protected by a free lifetime warranty.
- Dynamic microphone
- Designed specifically for guitarists by a guitarist!
- No EQ required
- Superb tone and easy to use
- Lifetime Warranty
- Guitar amps and cabinets
- Plucked instruments (banjo, mandolin, bouzouki)
- Users have also reported great results on harmonica and vocals
Halo Users include:
- Queens of the Stone Age
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Dandy Warhols
- Enter Shikari
- Eagles of Death Metal
- Steve Stevens, guitarist (Billy Idol, Terry Bozzio, Michael Jackson)
- Louis Riccardi (Katie Melua, Natalie Imbruglia, Tom Jones)
- Carey Willetts (Athlete)
- Andy Gray, producer/composer
- Caravan Palace
- Ont'Sofa Sessions
- Tambours du Bronx
- Tigerman (aka Paulo Furtado)
- Keith Lines (Adele, Barbara Dickson)
- Soundhub Studios (Whitemoor, James Warner Prophecies)
- Michael 'Fish' Herring, guitarist (Cristina Aguilera, Prince)