Good Things Come In Small Packages
Many musicians have the need for a keyboard instrument that is both compact and lightweight. The SP4-8's enclosure is slender, elegant and easy to lift; once set up it leaves the smallest possible footprint, which means that you, not your keyboard, will be in the spotlight.
Up And Running In Record Time
With a user interface that's intelligently designed to make things as easy for you as possible, the SP4-8 provides the features that are most important, right where you'd want them. Create splits and layers with the touch of a button (up to 4 zones); select presets and setups from easy to access category and program buttons; quickly adjust effects parameters; everything is laid out so that you can be up and running and making music right out of the box.
While the SP4-8 is the most affordable keyboard that Kurzweil currently offer, no compromises were made, no corners were cut, when it comes to its sounds. Featuring 128 hand-picked programs taken directly from our acclaimed PC3 line, the SP4-8 delivers the best of the best in every category of sound, with our famous Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos and lush strings and orchestral instruments, along with top notch basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drums. We even included some of our signature KB3 organs, with all KB3 parameters accessible via external MIDI control. Furthering the sonic pallet, the SP4 can also load programs created on our PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards*; additional sounds are also available for download on our website. Its 16-part multitimbral architecture makes the SP4-8 a powerful tool for writing and recording music in conjunction with an external sequencer or Desktop Audio Workstation.(*within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources)
Icing On The Cake
In addition to utilizing programs from the PC3, the SP4-8 also features dozens of the PC3's professional quality effect chains. Everything from flawless concert hall reverbs and crisp delays to powerful distortion and amp simulation effects add another layer of depth and realism that can only be found in a Kurzweil. The most relevant effects parameters have been mapped to the SP's Timbre knob, so you can customize your sound without having to dive into menus or manuals.
- PC3 Series Technology - 128 hand-picked programs & dozens of professional quality FX Chains taken directly from our acclaimed PC3 Product Series.
- MIDI Controller - 4 user-configurable zones with 10 customizable MIDI controllers PER zone!
- KB3 Tonewheel Emulation - A 5 position knob provides real-time drawbar control over classic B-3, Vox and Farfisa combo organs (full KB3 control via MIDI).
- World Class String Section - Articulations abound, every nuance captured, with samples of full and divisi sections.
- Kurzweil Virtual Analog - The VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer, synthesis engine built right into the V.A.S.T. signal path.
- USB - Standard-B plug for MIDI over USB, Data Storage and easy O/S updates, via direct-USB connection to a computer.