Gauge ECM-87 Condenser Microphone
The Gauge ECM-87 is a large-diaphragm, cardioid condenser microphone that is ideal for recording your voice, acoustic guitar, drums, and all acoustic instruments. Its clear, full sound and smooth presence peak make it the perfect choice for all studio and broadcast applications.
Despite being designed for studio use, the ECM-87 is rugged enough for live applications as well.
The ECM-87 features a 1.07” capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern which is ideal for recording musical instruments, vocals and speech. This is the most common pattern used in recording and live applications, it is best suited for capturing sounds located directly in front of the microphone. The front of your ECM-87 is marked by the Gauge logo. Always position this side of the microphone toward the sound source.
- Lead Vocals, Background Vocals and Voice-Over
- Acoustic Piano, Guitar and Strings
- Electric Guitar and Bass Amplifiers
- Drums, Percussion and Overheads
- Brass and Woodwind Instruments
- Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass
- Orchestras, Choirs and Wind Ensembles
- Room Ambience
Audio Connection and Power Supply
The ECM-87 microphone requires +48v Phantom Power to operate. This is a standard feature on most modern preamps and mixers.
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptionally warm, low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High SPL handling
- Uniform polar response
- Superior common-mode rejection
What’s in the Box
- ECM-87 Microphone
- Carry Bag
- Shock Mount