DPA d:vote 4099S Clip Mic for Saxophone
The DPA d:vote 4099S is a super-cardioid clip on saxophone microphone representing a revolutionary concept in instrument microphones. Part of DPA's d:vote family of instrument microphones, everything about the 4099S has been designed to give you the most natural sounding saxophone in your live performances.
It also performs very well in studio situations, its fixed position on the instrument allows saxophone players more freedom in studio, with excellent results.
The d:vote™ 4099S Mic for Saxophone is the result of DPA’s extensive research and development into creating the ultimate microphone for live saxophone performance and recordings. The d:vote 4099 contains a highly directional capsule designed for use on stage and live settings where other instruments and monitoring may be in close proximity. The pick up pattern of the capsule ensures maximum isolation of the player’s saxophone or brass instrument, with low self-noise and high gain before feedback.
The d:vote 4099S microphone produces a very natural sound, both on and off axis, so that even in the unlikely event of spill, there are no unnatural harsh frequencies to deal with. The mounting system is designed to securely attach the gooseneck microphone to the horn by way of a rubber coated clamp which is very simple to fit and re-attach when required. The 4099S clip fits the microphone securely to the bell of the saxophone, maintaining ideal placement of the capsule.
The 4099S mic for sax comes with a DAD4099 XLR adapter which requires 48v phantom power, but the mic can also be used with a wireless microphone system when coupled with the correct DPA adaptor.
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz, Second order low-cut filter at 80 Hz with DAD4099
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; – 44,5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 120 RMS sine Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD4099: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB at 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems; 48 V phantom power ±4 V with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: 1.5 mA; 3.5 mA with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 36 g (1.27 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD4099 XLR adapter)
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90 %
- Gooseneck, length: 140 mm (5.5 in)
- Holder: Fits instruments with a body depth between 35 mm (1.4 in) and 122 mm (4.8 in)