Austrian Audio Hi-X65 Professional Headphones
Austrian Audio have created their new Hi-X65 open-back headphones with mixing and mastering in mind. They’re built to satisfy the need for close, precise listening at these critical stages of the audio production process. The same qualities that make them great for professional audio production also make them perfect for audiophiles who appreciate hearing every shade of nuance in the music they love.
High Precision meets pure Enjoyment
Hi-X65 headphones are built around a driver that was first designed with open headphones in mind, and listening to them is like opening a new window on your music. The open-back design brings a natural and spacious sound, giving new clarity to the placement and character of its individual elements. Hi-X65 headphones provide a high-resolution, precise aural perspective and a critical new tool for professional mixing and mastering.
Hi-Xcursion (High Excursion) technology is the key to the astonishing sound of the Hi-X65 headphones. All Austrian Audio Hi-X headphones feature a 44mm driver and a ring magnet system. This design allows for improved airflow and includes the strongest magnetic field in its class. The ring magnet, combined with a copper-clad aluminium voice coil, reduces the weight of the membrane and the voice coil connected to it, allowing the membrane to move or change direction faster, providing a more responsive impulse reaction. The result is superior bass imaging and low THD at low frequencies, a linear frequency response, and open, precise, high-resolution sound that simplifies error detection and makes mixing and mastering a pleasure.
You’ll understand the quality of your new Hi-X65 headphones the moment you take them out of the box before you’ve even listened to the first note. They feel great in the hand and great on your ears, and the build quality is exceptional, as you would expect. The Hi-X65 headphones are designed, engineered, and manufactured in Austria by a team of passionate experts with long experience in crafting high-quality microphones and headphones for demanding audio professionals. Of course, the final test of quality is in listening. Put the headphones on, turn on your music, and experience for yourself the clarity and precision of Hi-X technology in an open-back design. You’ll hear exactly what we mean.
We all know how roughly headphones are treated, in the studio or on the road. The Hi-X65 headphones are made to be used. They’re supremely comfortable and they’re built to last.
- The hinge and bow are of all-metal construction for ruggedness and durability.
- The bow’s pad is replaceable.
- Thanks to good ventilation and earpads made of slow-retention memory foam, you’ll stay comfortable through even the longest mixing or mastering session. For long life and hygienic purposes, earpads are replaceable.
- Two cables (3m and 1.2m) are detachable and (yes) replaceable.
- They’re foldable, for easy storage between sessions.
- Superior high-precision sound thanks to proprietary Hi-X technology (High Excursion) that delivers a linear frequency response and an open, high-resolution sound that simplifies error detection and makes mixing/mastering a pleasure.
- Metal hinges and bow for maximum durability and stability.
- Best-in-class comfort with special slow retention memory foam earpads and outstanding ventilation to keep you comfortable even during the longest sessions.
- The detachable cable can be easily replaced (1x 3m and 1x 1.2m included).
- Replaceable ear pads and bow pad, for a long lifetime and hygienic use.
- Foldable construction for easy storage.
- Designed, engineered and made in Austria.