Apogee Symphony Desktop
The Symphony Desktop audio interface for Mac and Windows packs the legendary sound of Apogee’s rack-mounted Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant 10x14 audio interface that will sit on your desk or fit nicely in your bag. With Symphony Desktop musicians and producers have the power to record, overdub, mix and produce with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converter and mic preamps.
With the combination of superior performance and new features such as mic preamp emulation, the Apogee Channel FX plugin and ultra-low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins; Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go with Apogee’s superior sound quality.
Apogee FX Plugins included with Symphony Desktop
- Symphony EQ - Native and hardware versions
- Symphony Compressor - Native and hardware versions
- Symphony Reverb - Native version
Mic Preamp Emulations included with Symphony Desktop
- British Solid State - Class A console sound ○ Inspired by the Marinar “Round can” input transformer and discrete transistor design of our Class A Neve 1066 mic preamp.
- American Tube - Lush, 50s Tone ○ This emulation offers the lush, larger-than-life sounds of our 50s era Ampex 601 preamp, carefully restored and modded for lower noise and greater dynamic range.
Symphony ECS Channel Strip Plugin Tuned by Bob Clearmountain
Included with Symphony Desktop is the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin. Tuned by Bob Clearmountain, Symphony ECS includes EQ, Compression and Saturation controls that let you create the optimal blend of channel FX for tracking vocals or acoustic instruments.
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine sound quality
- A/D & D/A Resolution up to 24bit/192kHz
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps with up to 75dB of gain and variable impedance
- 1 Instrument input with variable impedance
- Built-In DSP: FPGA processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Flexible, zero-latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combi (mic/line), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (monitor)
- 2 Assignable Headphone Outputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8”
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Computer Connectivity: USB over Type C Connector
- Software Control: Symphony Desktop Control application
- Compatibility ○ macOS 10.12 or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher ○ PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher