The first digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording that utilizes Secure Digital (SD) memory. The new R16 recorder is three production tools in one incredibly versatile device. It's a digital multi-track recorder, an audio interface and a control surface, providing you with all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere you need to.
The R16 combines a remarkable level of functionality with exceptionally intuitive design. For recording purposes, the unit supports up to 32GB SD cards, allowing more than six hours of recording using all 16 tracks. Additionally, the flexibility of SD recording not only makes the R16 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive. You can even have respective SD cards dedicated to specific recording sessions.
With the ability to record up to 8 tracks simultaneously, it's easy to capture a live band or even a complete drum kit. The R16 features built-in stereo condenser microphones for field recording or quick, convenient "sketch-pad" capturing of ideas and rehearsals. It also provides 8 balanced combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs along with one Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass.
USB operation means you can control each function of your favorite DAW software from the R16 for easy mixing with fine-tuned control. Incorporate any of the 100+ built-in studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound. You can even connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
With the new Zoom R16, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that puts the power to produce professional recordings right at your fingertips.
* Digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory
* 24-bit/48kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
* Built-in stereo condenser microphones
* Includes 1GB SD card and supports cards up to 32GB SDHC
* Allows simultaneous recording on up to 8 tracks
* Battery operation for remote recording
* USB power for studio operation
* 8 mic inputs / 2 outputs (8 x 2)
* 8 balanced combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs
* High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
* Built-in effects can be used as outboard effects as well
* Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass
* Includes preamp with phantom power on two channels
* Mackie control emulation via USB for popular DAW software including Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer and more
* Over 100 built-in studio effects coming from advanced DSP
* Guitar amp and effects models
* Professional quality mastering effects, multi-band compressor, normalizer and more
* Operates as USB storage device for quick data transfer
* Connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
* Undo/Redo functions
* Comes with Steinberg Cubase LE 4
* Supports Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X operating systems