The ART Digital MPA-II delivers all of the same great features of the ProMPA with the added versatility of digital output. Like the ProMPA-II, each input circuit has 48v phantom power and features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The Digital MPA-II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The input section of the Digital MPA-II operates at either a low or high plate voltage applied to the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display input or output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain and digital output levels.
In addition to XLR and 1/4" analog outputs, the Digital MPA-II features a high quality A to D converter which offers digital connectivity on S/PDIF, ADAT, or AES/EBU outputs. A rotary control on the front panel allows selection of format and sample rates from 44.1 to 192 KHz and 16 bit dithering. There is also a push button for, and two wordclock jacks, allowing loop-through.
The Digital MPA-II comes in a standard 2u space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel.
* Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
* Selectable Plate Voltage
* Large VU Meters
* Backlit Function Switches
* Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
* Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
* Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
* Wide Frequency Response
* Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
* Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
* Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
* Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
* Automatic Instrument Input Selection
* 24-204KHz External sample rate
* 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Internal sample rates
* 24/16 bit switchable dithering
* Wide dynamic range A/D
* Rotary Encoder for quick selection of sample rate
* Separate analog and digital output level controls
* Digital Level LED meters display both Average and Peak level
* ADAT optical I/O
* Sync to incoming ADAT data rate
* Switch selectable optical output (S/PDIF or ADAT)
* AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs
* Two wordclock jacks allowing loop through