Zoom H5 + 16GB Card Handy Recorder
This great value bundle includes the Zoom H5 4-Channel Handy Recorder with a high-quality branded 16GB SD Card.
Zoom H5 has won the SOS Award for Best Hardware Record.
Flexible Audio for Video Perfection
The flexible and powerful H5 provides everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
X/Y recording allows you to cover a wide area yet still capture sound sources in the centre with clarity and definition, making it ideal for all types of live stereo recording. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90-degree angle. The H5’s rubberized housing and shock-mounted microphones minimize vibration and handling noise, while a low-cut filter helps eliminate wind noise and other kinds of low-frequency rumble.
The design of the XYH-5 also allows the H5 to handle louder sounds than any other Handy Recorder model: 140 dB SPL, to be precise, equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away, enabling you to capture sounds louder, closer, and cleaner than you ever could before. Also, to keep your levels under control, the H5 offers compression and limiting. The H5 utilizes the same high-quality, low-noise preamps as our flagship H6, ensuring great-sounding recordings in all sonic environments.
Pre-Record, Auto-Record and Backup-Record*
The Pre-Record function captures and saves two seconds of audio before you hit RECORD, perfect for unexpected starts.
The Auto-Record function allows the H5 to automatically start and stop recording at predefined sound levels.
The H5’s Backup-Record function automatically records a duplicate set of L/R tracks with 12db less input gain. This audio safety net helps to protect your recordings.
*44.1 and 48 kHz WAV files only.
Inputs and Outputs
The H5’s XLR/TRS combo inputs can handle both mic- and line-level signals for microphones, wireless receivers, mixers, keyboards and more. Each input has a dedicated gain control knob. The supplied XYH-5 capsule also provides an additional mic/line input via a ⅛" mini phone jack.
A Line Out with adjustable volume allows you to send audio from the H5 to the input of a camera or other device without the need for an attenuator cable. In addition, there's a separate headphone output with dedicated volume control. You can use both outputs simultaneously to route audio to your DSLR while monitoring with headphones.
Recording Times & File Formats
Record continuously for about 10 hours with just 2 AA batteries or extend your recording time indefinitely with the optional AD-17 AC adapter.
The H5 can record up to six monophonic WAV files (or up to three stereo files) in any of the following formats:
- 44.1kHz / 16-bit
- 48kHz / 24-bit
- 44.1kHz / 24-bit
- 96kHz / 16-bit
- 48kHz / 16-bit
- 96kHz / 24-bit
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Includes detachable x/y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shock mounted mics for reduced handling noise
- Four-track simultaneous recording, large backlit LCD display, records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20 dB pad
- Analogue-style gain controls for each input
- Protective "roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls, plug-in power (2.5 volts)
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Auto-record, Pre-record, and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- MS decoding, multitrack to stereo internal mixdown, normalize, divide, and trim editing
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- A/B loop playback Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
- Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter, uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
In the Box:
- Operation manual
- XYH-5 X/Y mic capsule
- SD card (16GB)
- AA size (LR6) battery x 2
- USB cable
- Foam windscreen
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download