Zoom H3-VR Virtual Reality Audio Recorder
For game developers, filmmakers, musicians and more; many believe that the future of content creation is in the hands of VR (virtual reality).
360 video has exploded in popularity, but until now the ability to easily create audio in 360 has fallen behind. Now thanks to the Zoom H3-VR Virtual Reality Audio Recorder, it is easier than ever to create 360 audio.
One-Stop VR Audio
The Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
A New Way to from A to B
In the past, capturing VR audio required a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and a computer for encoding the audio from raw Ambisonics A format to VR-ready Ambisonics B format. Now, with the H3-VR, all of the encoding and decoding is done on board, saving time, money and effort at every step.
Fits Anywhere. Captures Everything.
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action.
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire, upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
- to binaural, stereo, and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
- H3-VR Handy Recorder
- Foam windscreen
- Dual mounting bracket
- AA batteries