Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless MIDI Interface
Yamaha introduces Wireless MIDI, connecting the new generation of creative apps for musicians by enabling the freedom of mobile connectivity between instruments & iPhone, iPad and Mac.
A new standard in wireless transmission
The MIDI data is transmitted using Bluetooth LE (Low Energy). This protocol is supported by Apple iOS 9.2 or newer and Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer. To connect every digital instrument in your home, Yamaha introduces two Wireless MIDI adaptors – the US- BT01 for instruments featuring a USB port and the MD-BT01, suitable even for older instruments with a classic standard MIDI port.
Wireless transmission for instruments with standard MIDI ports
The MD-BT01 is connected to the MIDI interface of the instrument. Once the hardware is connected you simply have to select the Bluetooth MIDI Adaptor as MIDI port in the settings of the app. The data connection is established immediately. One of the best things about using Bluetooth Low Energy standard is that the MD-BT01 can be powered via the MIDI terminal of instruments – so you don’t need batteries.
Yamaha Wireless MIDI adaptors can be used with every app that supports Bluetooth MIDI on Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Easy to connect! Use music apps wirelessly!
Wirelessly connect your iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) to your instrument with Bluetooth and avoid having to reconnect every time you play. Use music apps without cables and enjoy the freedom that wireless technology brings to your performances.
How to Connect:
1. Connect MD-BT01 to your instrument’s MIDI IN/OUT terminals
2. Open the app on your iOS device
3. In the app, turn on MIDI Bluetooth
Enjoy playing your musical instruments with a range of music apps
Yamaha music applications offer a variety of ways to enhance musical performance.
- Controller apps allowing one-touch configuration of Digital Pianos' internal metronomes and other functions
- Customize digital drum kits using an intuitive app interface
- Use with tone generation apps to access a wide variety of sounds not available in the instrument itself
- Record your daily practice sessions with ease, then play them back to analyze difficult passages
- Visual effects that add dynamic graphics to your live performances
Connect wirelessly and charge your iOS device while in use
A wireless MIDI connection means you don’t have to worry about plugging anything into your iOS device. You can charge your iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) while using apps and not worry about the battery running out.