Warm Audio WA-84 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Nickel
The WA-84 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuitry. The WA-84 is a fully discrete Class-A design that utilises a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as acoustic/ electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for its small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag transformer in its signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved lo transformer-less technology in recent years for ease of design and a lower-cos! manufacturing process. When designing the WA-84, Warm Audio chose to go the extra mile and tackle a more boutique design known for its crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound. They are proud to offer something special to the marketplace by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that they feel sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique lone.
A look inside the WA-84:
- The Capsule: The WA-84 utilizes a custom vintage-style capsule designed to emulate classic componentry and design techniques. The WA-84's capsule is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule supplier and is precisely reproduced lo vintage specs. We are pleased to offer such a high-quality capsule in this microphone which allows us to nail the sonics of the most important component of any microphone.
- The Circuit: The WA-84 is a fully discrete Closs A design that utilises a CineMag USA transformer, polystyrene and Wima capacitors and a Fairchild FET.
- The Transformer: The WA-84 utilises an American made CineMag USA transformer that contributes to the legendary creamy smooth top-end and the BEEFY mid lo bottom-end one would hope lo gel from an 84-style small-diaphragm condenser microphone.
- The Capacitor: The WA-84 proudly utilises Wima, polystyrene and tantalum through-hole capacitors throughout.
- Contents: The WA-84 package includes the WA-84 Microphone, Cardioid Capsule, Shock-mount, Mic Clip, Windscreen and Carrying Case.
- Cardioid Capsule: The included cardioid capsule comes mounted to the microphone. It is replaceable and can be screwed and unscrewed from the microphone.
- -10dB Pad Switch: The -10dB pod switch attenuates the incoming signal right after the capsule, but before it reaches the rest of the microphone circuit. The pod switch has a 0dB and -10dB position.
- XLR Output: A Gold-Plated 3 pin XLR male connector is located at the base of the WA-84 microphone. The microphone's signal will exit this connector. Connect this connector to a preamp via a standard 3 pin XLR microphone cable.