Trantec S4.04 Lapel system (CH70)
The S4.04 Series Lapel system comes with an LP2 Microphone, a state of the art Beltpack Transmitter and a UHF wireless diversity receiver. Featured is an Enhanced Frequency Bank system with up to 4 compatible licence free frequencies. All built on synthesised PLL quartz tuning technology. Fully utilises the limited space available on Channel 70 whilst maintaining guard bands to protect from adjacent channel interference. Simple easy lock system to synchronise multiple transmitters to receivers.
LP2 Lavalier Microphone
- Electret capsule tuned to maximise speech intelligibility Includes a filter to remove Plosive sounds if used close to the mouth Microphone capsule
- Soft suspended to avoid noise during performer movement
- Phantom powered by the beltpack
- Simply clips onto clothing
- Colour black
Beltpack Transmitter S4.04
- Part of a fully integrated system
- Transmitter cover unhinges to reveal
- Selected channel number
- Infra-red port to communicate with receiver
- Set button to change frequency
- Gain control
- Microphone-Instrument selection switch
- AA Battery (Not supplied).
- Input accepts a wide range of pickups, alternative microphones and other electronic gear
- Gain Control makes it possible to use any alternative miniature electret microphone with a 3.5mm Mini Jack plug.
- Mic input provides a phantom power voltage for electret microphones.
- Range of up to 100 metres.
- Rear Belt Clip ensures beltpack will remain in place.
- One AA battery gives up to 10 hours at full performance.
- Low Battery Status indication relayed to receiver.
- 3.5mm jack socket with heavy plated contacts for absolute reliability.
- Aerial tuned to carrier frequency for maximum efficiency.
Receiver S4.04 Series
- Diversity reception automatically switches between antennas A and B for best reception.
- Up to four channels can be used simultaneously without interference.
- Antennas can be set at any angle to maximise best reception. V formation is usually best.
- Automatic frequency scan searches for best available frequencies LEDs show AF peak level, active channel and diversity channel A or B.
- Signal Squelch automatically mutes when carrier is not present.
- Simple Sync locking procedure.
- Manual and automatic. Locks chosen transmitter to receiver Audio outputs, XLR balanced and Jack unbalanced.
Various accessories are available to enhance the performance and adaptability of the system.
Trantec continue to lead the Radiomic industry with their innovation, consistent performance and build quality. Their products are literally second to none and with the company being UK based, their technical support is the benchmark of the Pro Audio Industry.
Channel 70 is Licence free.Wireless Microphones can tune into frequencies that do not require a licence to operate. There are several licence exempt areas for PMSE use. (Programme Making and Special Events)
The UHF licence exempt range is 863.100-864.900 MHz. This is within Channel 70 which has little spectrum assigned to it so limiting the number of users to four. The power is limited by legislation to 10mWatt. There is no limitation to how many frequencies can used in this channel as long as users stay within the confines of the band. More users could be squeezed in but that would jeopardise clear reception and interference from adjacent channels.
There are currently no plans to remove access to Channel 70; it will continue to be licence exempt for PMSE users.
Channel 70 is adjacent to use of mobile in the 800 MHz band. There should not be any interference however this is the risk taken with the licence exempt channels.
What's in the box
- Beltpack Transmitter
- Receiver Power Supply
- Operating Manual
|Diversity Reception:Antenna Diversity |
|Sensitivity:10uV at 45dBA, S/N |
|Squelch Tone:SQ, Carrier SQ, Noise SQ |
|Audio Frequency Response:50Hz – 15kHz |
|Audio Output Level (Max.):Balanced (XLR socket): -20dBu, Unbalanced(1/4″ jack socket): 10dBu |
|Power Supply:12 VDC 500mA |
|Dimensions:215(W) x 39(H) x 102(D)mm |
|Beltpack Transmitter |
|RF Carrier Power:10mW |
|Audio Frequency Response:50 Hz- 15kHz |
|Audio Input Level: -6dBV (maximum), mic gain 0dB |
|Battery Life: Approximately 10 Hours |
|Power Supply: 1AA size battery, 1.5V |
|Finsh:Resin, coating |
|Dimensions: 62(W) x 100(H) x 25(D)mm |
|Weight: 85g with battery |