Studiospares Pro Mic Stand and Telescopic Boom
Manufactured to a standard, not a price. A solid no compromise product with a Diecast metal base and Tommy Bar for easy boom adjustment. The height adjusting sleeve clamp is nylon, not plastic. The precision engineering lavished on this product plus the availability of all components adds up to make this stand the most popular in the UK.
Matte Black Powder coated for a smart and durable finish. Screws do not gouge marks in the metalwork with long legs which guarantee stability. The boom arm can be set to any length and angle and uses a Tommy Bar for easier adjustment. (Plastic Knobs break under pressure) Materials are pre-processed to stop rust. Boom includes a cable clip to stop loose cables pulling the microphone.
Why will it outlast competitive products?
- For a start, the raw material steel passes through a phosphorisation process involving immersion in a chemical bath to remove oil and grease contaminates and any rust often found unseen inside tubing.
- The surface is then ROHS compliant powder coated and baked in an oven at a high temperature to provide the most durable surface possible. A more expensive process than paint spraying.
- Component parts are simply better. The Diecast metal base is not plastic which breaks easily when left overnight in a cold van.
- The height adjusting sleeve is nylon, not plastic because it is stronger
- Leg hinges are metal, not plastic.
- Manufacturing tolerances are low through Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
- ROHS Compliant with EU Hazardous Substance requirements.
- Spares are held in stock in London.
Spares for items that may get lost:
- 648130 Base screw. (The casting that all legs are attached to)
- 648140 Stand Cable Clip. (Keeps the microphone cable down to floor level)
- 648150 Boom Arm Extension Screw. (Locks the telescopic part to the static part)
- 648160 Boom Arm Locking Screw (Locks the position of the boom arm to the swivel assembly)
- 648170 Boom Arm Cable Clip. (Dresses the microphone cable along the boom arm)
XLR Male - XLR Female Lead 5m Black
A range of popular XLR Leads based on the Precision series connectors. These are no-compromise leads built to a professional standard, not a price. They are heavy duty and flexible being considered second to none.
- Precision XLRs, Jacks and Mini Jacks are based on die-cast zinc shells that have no screws
- Positive cable retention by a chuck which maintains even circular compression
- Perfect connection with silver-plated contact material on Phosphor Copper
- Female contacts contain seven independent contact points to increase conductivity
- Rubber boot reduces cable exit bending stress and the ingress of moisture
- Female XLRs include a redesigned latching push-button for comfortable operation
- Low loss and low capacity Oxygen Free Cable (OFC) maintains high frequencies to avoid signal degradation
- Spirally wound copper wire strands ensures excellent flexibility and the best screening
- Best possible screening by 64 strands of copper wire wound spirally round the signal conductors
- Lowest DC losses with 20 strands of 0.12mm copper wire
- PVC jacket remains flexible down to below 10 degrees
- Cable colour Black. Optional Red, Green and Blue
- Leads include a hook and loop retained cable wrap. Can be slipped off if not required. Good for keeping unused stored leads from tangling
- Interfacing Studio and PA Equipment
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO9001 and imported by the container load to sell at a highly competitive price.
Other cable lengths and colours available:
- 688000 XLR Male - XLR Female 0.3 metres Black
- 668010 XLR Male - XLR Female 0.6 metres Black
- 668020 XLR Male - XLR Female 1 metre Black
- 668030 XLR Male - XLR Female 2.5 metres Black
- 668042 XLR Male - XLR Female 5 metres Red
- 668045 XLR Male - XLR Female 5 metres Green
- 668046 XLR Male - XLR Female 5 metres Blue
- 668050 XLR Male - XLR Female 10 metres Black
- 668052 XLR Male - XLR Female 10 metres Red
- 668055 XLR Male - XLR Female 10 metres Green
- 668056 XLR Male - XLR Female 10 metres Blue
- 668060 XLR Male - XLR Female 25 metres Black
XLR to everything options:
- 688840 XLR Female - Mono 1/4” Jack 1 metre
- 688850 XLR Female - Mono 1/4” Jack 2.5 metres
- 688860 XLR Female - Mono 1/4” Jack 5 metres
- 688870 XLR Female - Stereo 1/4” Jack 1 metre
- 688880 XLR Female - Stereo 1/4” Jack 2.5 metres
- 688890 XLR Female - Stereo 1/4” Jack 5 metres
- 688900 XLR Male - Mono 1/4” Jack 1 metre
- 688910 XLR Male - Mono 1/4” Jack 2.5 metres
- 688920 XLR Male - Mono 1/4” Jack 5 metres
- 688930 XLR Male - Stereo 1/4” Jack 1 metre
- 688940 XLR Male - Stereo 1/4” Jack 2.5 metres
- 688950 XLR Male - Stereo 1/4” Jack 5 metres
- 688960 XLR Male - Stereo 1/4” Jack 10 metres
- 688970 XLR Female - Stereo Mini Jack 1 metre
- 688980 XLR Female - Stereo Mini Jack 2.5 metres
- 688990 XLR Female - Stereo Mini Jack 5 metres
Vocal Microphone Clip Holder
A flexible microphone holder based on the Beyerdynamic MKV8 but with a harder, less rubbery type plastic for greater durability. Holder assembly hinges through 180 degrees. Accepts straight and conical shaped mics between 25 mm and 35 mm (approx). Threaded 5/8 inch but includes a 5/8 to 3/8 inch adapter.
Compatible with all wired live vocal microphones and most dynamic instrument mics - not compatible with "pencil" or wireless mics.