Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Audio Interface (3rd Gen)
The Focusrite Scarlett range has equipped studios, musicians, and producers around the world with the tools they need to capitalise on their creativity for decades.
The 3rd Generation Scarlett 18i20 continues to do that within a 1U rack-mountable enclosure, which boasts Focusrite’s high-performance Scarlett pre-amps and convertors. Packed with 18 inputs and the functionality to transform your project, home or professional studio set up to the next level, allowing you a best-in-class experience when producing, recording, and mixing.
Housed in a 1U rack-mountable enclosure, the third-generation 18i20 boasts extensive simultaneous I/O comprising eight mic preamps, 18 inputs and 20 outputs in total. Take your studio to the next level with the 18i20, offering superior sound quality, talkback functionality and onboard speaker switching. Improved A-D and D-A conversion ensure your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz, vital to helping you perfect your mix.
The Scarlett 18i20 features eight of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. There’s also a pad on every mic preamp to accommodate higher-level signals without clipping. The two front-panel high-headroom instrument inputs allow you to record guitars and basses without any clipping or unwanted distortion.
Speaker-switching technology allows you to switch between main and alt monitors to get a new perspective on your mix, and the new built-in talkback mic lets you communicate with your recording artist at the touch of a button, helping you capture that perfect take.
A pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels – making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
Scarlett 18i20 is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac® or PC via USB cable. It comes with all the software tools you need to get started: two comprehensive digital audio workstations, Ableton® Live Lite™ and Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Subscription; Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite; a choice of one of four of XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with the user-friendly control software Focusrite Control.
- Control output levels
- Control software playback levels and panning
- Control hardware input levels and panning
- Control mute and dim
- View input and output metering
- Control preamp features available on your connected Focusrite interface
- Approve devices for control
To work with Focusrite Control, just install the free iOS app on your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®, ensure you're connected to the same network, and approve the iOS device in the desktop app. It is included with the Scarlett USB audio interfaces, Clarett Thunderbolt™ and Clarett USB Focusrite ranges. All you have to do is register your gear, and Focusrite Control will be featured in your Focusrite account.
If that wasn't enough, Focusrite has partnered with Splice to give 3rd Gen. interface owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up a new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily from your favourite producers, sound designers, and artists. Creators use Splice to make all kinds of music, including chart-topping pop, Grammy-winning albums, underground mixtapes, and cinematic scores.
And as with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from a 3-year warranty, award-winning customer support and membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts.
- Eight of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching, and onboard talkback functionality with built-in, front panel talkback mic.
- Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines and other line-level sources
- Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- IEC Cable (Power cable)
- Ableton® Live Lite
- Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Subscription
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Antares® Auto-Tune® Access
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555
- XLN Audio® Addictive Keys
- XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock Kit
- Brainworx® bx_oberhausen
- Brainworx® bx_console Focusrite SC
- Brainworx® bx_masterdesk
- Three Month Splice Sounds Subscription
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-In Suite
Check your computer's operating system (OS) is compatible with the Scarlett Solo is to use Focusrite Online OS Checker