Zoom F8n Pro Multitrack Field Recorder
Zoom’s New Flagship Field Recorder
As filmmakers and sound professionals, you know the importance of sharp, clean audio in storytelling. From the click of a seatbelt to the roar of an engine, the F8n Pro’s 8 inputs capture full dynamic range using 32-bit float technology.
With 8 inputs and 10 tracks, the F8n Pro can capture the most complex audio, expanding your options so that you can create sonic magic in post.
32-Bit Float is a game-changer. The F8n Pro uses dual A/D converters and professional-grade preamps to capture clip-free audio, without ever needing to adjust the gain.
The F8n Pro has three outputs for external devices, headphones, and camera connections. You can keep tabs on your tracks pre- or post-fader, check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status.
It records in BWF-compatible WAV formats up to 32-bit resolution and at sample rates up to 192 kHz.
Features flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs, phase inversion and mid-side decoding. It also provides high pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise. Input and output delays are also available.
Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down. On or off, the F8n Pro’s Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
Zoom AutoMix lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
The track name, scene names, notes, and more can be entered directly from the unit or via the Zoom F8 Control App for iOS / Android.
The F8n Pro is well-equipped for long location shoots or remote fieldwork, with a variety of power options and massive storage.
- Onboard Power - Use eight AA alkaline batteries for 5 hours of power or plug in the included AD-19 AC adapter.
- Alternate Power - Use eight AA alkaline batteries for 5 hours of power or plug in the included AD-19 AC adapter.
- Dual Memory - Record simultaneously on two SD cards, up to 1TB each, allowing for redundant recording.
Record and Stream Together
The pre-record function allows you to capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button, guaranteeing you never miss a take.
When connected to your computer, the F8n Pro can be used as an 8-in / 4-out audio interface. Record and stream in 32-bit float / 96kHz while simultaneously recording to SD cards.
The F8 Control App (for iOS / for Android) lets you visually monitor signals, adjust levels, trigger transport controls, enter metadata and more from your Android device, iPhone, or iPad via Bluetooth.
The F8n Pro’s Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more.
- 32-bit float recording technology
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV format up to 192kHz/32-bit float
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
- High pass filter, phase invert, and mid-side decoder
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ⅛" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- 4" full-colour backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 1 TB each
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS and Android allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
What’s in the Box:
- F8n Pro Field Recorder
- Zoom AD-19 12V AC adapter
- Operation manual