Zoom U-22 Audio Interface
The Go Everywhere Audio Interface
The U-22 is the essential mobile recording and performance interface, with an innovative 2-in/2-out ultra-portable design that makes it easy to connect to a laptop or an iPad and create great-sounding audio anywhere.
The interface features a high-performance, low-noise mic preamp so you can record vocals, instruments, and more with pristine sound quality, at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The U-22 delivers the same excellent sound as our U-44 and U-24, with an even more compact form factor.
Innovative Handy Design
The U-22 can be bus-powered via USB and its compact form factor is perfect for use with a laptop or iPhone/iPad*. The innovative design provides quick access to connectors, knobs, and controls for effortless setup and operation.
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPhone/iPad.
Pristine Recording and Playback
The U-22 features a single high-performance, low-noise mic preamp, the same as our acclaimed H6 Handy Recorders, with less than -120 dBu EIN, as well as recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use the U-22 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favourite music in full fidelity.
The U-22’s XLR/TRS combo input can be used to record with a microphone or line-level source, with 48V phantom power, and Hi-Z support for connecting a guitar or bass. The U-22 is also equipped with a mini stereo input so you can record an iPhone/iPad, mixer, or other portable audio devices.
*The U-22 can record one input at a time. When recording from the LINE IN jack, the XLR/TRS combo input is disabled.
Power Your Live Performance
The U-22 is the perfect audio companion for musicians who incorporate digital audio processing or pre-recorded sound elements into their live performances. Connect your interface to a laptop or iPhone/iPad, pull up software effects or a looper, and send your processed signal to a mixer or the house PA via RCA stereo outputs.
For zero-latency recording and mixing, the U-22’s direct monitoring switch allows you to hear your signal before it passes through the computer. Separate RCA output jacks and an independent headphone output provide multiple options for monitoring.
Create More with Your U-22
Bundled with Ableton Live Lite, the U-22 has everything the modern music creator needs. This integrated software lets you record tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more. Plus, Ableton’s performance workflows let you take your music to the stage where you can mix and record live.
Cubasis LE, a 4-track audio recording/editing/mixing app for iPad with an intuitive ‘touch’ user interface, is now available for the U-22.
- Stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB
- Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- XLR/TRS input with high-performance mic preamp
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 5 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Hi-Z support
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- Gain control knob for Mic/Hi-Z input
- +48V phantom power
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
What's in the Box:
- Zoom U-22
- Operation manual
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live Lite software download code