Steinberg UR242 USB Audio Interface
Be ready to record music in studio quality on your notebook, iPad or even iPhone with the UR242. With outstanding audio and build quality for its price class, the UR242 combines choice components with advanced onboard DSP-powered FX to offer solutions for a huge range of mobile production scenarios.
The UR242 offers musicians and producers far more than just a portable I/O device, or even an audio interface; the UR242 is a mobile production solution. That’s because it combines fantastic-sounding I/O and durability with advanced DSP-based FX that can be used with your DAW software, and at a price point that is still easily affordable.
- 24-Bit/192 kHz: Top of the range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality.
- MIDI input & output: For utmost flexibility, the UR242 is equipped with a MIDI I/O, connect your synth, a drum trigger module or whatever MIDI device you prefer!
- iOS connectivity: UR242 offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad and iPhone. When paired with Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis music app or other iOS audio apps, the UR242 offers a portable and effortlessly intuitive production experience.
- Basic FX Suite: UR242 offers VST 3 versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins offering useful sound-shaping and FX tools: the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, the REV-X reverb and Guitar Amp Classics.
- Major recording software compatible: The UR242 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
- Loopback function: UR242 offers an easy way to stream performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer.
Shipped with a US power supply