Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface (3rd Gen)
The 3rd Generation Scarlett 18i8 gives you all the tools to record all your instruments in studio quality, anywhere. With its high channel count, compact size and a huge selection of software in the box, 18i8 is ready to record your band wherever you are.
- Four of the best-performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines and other line-level sources
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching
The third-generation Scarlett 18i8 is the perfect audio interface for recording engineers and producers who need to adapt to their recording environment, wherever they are. It offers eight analogue inputs: four mic/line inputs, two high-impedance, high-headroom instrument inputs and four additional fixed-line inputs on the rear. Optical input allows for the expansion of up to eight additional channels for larger recording sessions. And with improved A-D and D-A conversion, your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz, vital to helping you perfect your mix.
Scarlett 18i8 features four of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. There’s a pad on every mic preamp to accommodate higher-level signals without clipping.
Scarlett 18i8 offers two extra line outputs over the previous generation, and speaker-switching technology for dual monitor setups. Two independent headphone outputs allow for both engineer and artist to monitor during recording sessions, and a pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels – making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
Scarlett 18i8 is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac® or PC via USB cable. It comes with all the software tools you need to get started: two comprehensive digital audio workstations, Ableton® Live Lite™ and Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Subscription; Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite; a choice of one of four of XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with the user-friendly control software Focusrite Control.
- Control output levels
- Control software playback levels and panning
- Control hardware input levels and panning
- Control mute and dim
- View input and output metering
- Control preamp features available on your connected Focusrite interface
- Approve devices for control
To work with Focusrite Control, just install the free iOS app on your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®, ensure you're connected to the same network, and approve the iOS device in the desktop app. It is included with the Scarlett USB audio interfaces, Clarett Thunderbolt™ and Clarett USB Focusrite ranges. All you have to do is register your gear, and Focusrite Control will be featured in your Focusrite account.
If that wasn't enough, Focusrite has partnered with Splice to give 3rd Gen. interface owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up a new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily from your favourite producers, sound designers, and artists. Creators use Splice to make all kinds of music, including chart-topping pop, Grammy-winning albums, underground mixtapes, and cinematic scores.
And as with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from a 3-year warranty, and award-winning customer support.
- Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- 1 x Power Supply
- Ableton Live Lite
- Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Artist Subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle
- Splice Sounds
- Antares® Auto-Tune® Access
- Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555
- Landr Studio, plus five free masters
- Brainworx® Bx_console Focusrite SC
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- XLN Audio® Addictive Keys
- XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock
- Relab’s LX480 Essentials
Check your computer's operating system (OS) is compatible with the Scarlett Solo is to use Focusrite Online OS Checker