Steinberg Cubase Pro 11
Cubase Pro condenses decades of music software development experience into the most advanced and intuitive audio production environment available today. Used by star producers and musicians for composing, recording, mixing and editing music, Cubase Pro combines outstanding audio quality, flexible handling, state-of-the-art audio and MIDI tools with a range of inspirational VST instruments and effects in a way that cements your personal approach to music production. Uniting technical innovation and artistic inspiration, Cubase Pro represents an awesomely powerful yet instantly accessible music production environment.
- Award-winning 64-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Complete effect suite with over 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effect processors, like the new dynamic equalizer Frequency 2
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,400 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop 2 and Retrologue 2
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks, automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effects
- Audio Alignment automatically match the timing of audio events to a reference track
- MixConsole – Professionally equipped mixer with integrated channel strip, VCA faders, loudness display, wave meters.
- Intelligent compositional tools like Scale Assistant, Chord Track, Chord Pads and Chord Assistant
- Spectral Comparison EQ – Compare the spectral curves of two tracks within an EQ display and identify where action is needed
- NEW: SpectraLayers One to visualize and clean up your audio or separate the vocal part from any kinds of audio tracks
- Control Room recording and monitoring environment, which seamlessly integrates performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow.
What’s New in Cubase 11?
In most DAWs, printing stems is a repetitive and time-consuming task. Cubase Pro 11 makes this job much faster, less prone to errors and way more convenient. Sync your export selection to the selection in your project. Create and restore file format presets. Export the full signal path, including master bus effects, to truly replicate the mix. Cubase Pro 11 even lets you collect your export jobs and export the whole queue in one go while you grab a coffee.
Sample. Slice. Move. Glide.
The Sampler Track in Cubase 11 has a number of great new features to discover. The new slicing mode chops up your loops so they’re ready to play with just a click. There are now two global LFOs available to add motion and a catch to your sounds. You can go for a vintage feel or the highest fidelity with the sample engine’s new quality modes. Then there’s the new mono legato glide, perfect for riding 808 basslines… and more!
Your Personal Scale Assistant
The Scale Assistant is a superb addition to your song writing toolkit. You can set your song’s scale in the Key Editor and follow its lead, quantize a solo to the scale or play live in perfect tune. You can change the view to only see the notes of the set scale. You can even let the Scale Assistant analyse your MIDI recording and suggest the right scale. Now there are no more excuses for wrong notes!
Cubase 11 brings a huge improvement to the Key Editor’s functionality. You can now create ramps and curves in the CC and Pitch Bend lanes, just like you are used to with automation. Set your pitch bend steps to semitones and you will always be perfectly in tune. All of your CC edits can also be conveniently copied to another MIDI track, while MIDI notes can now be deleted with a simple, fast double-click.
Amazingly Precise Dynamic EQ
There are many reasons why you should use dynamic equalization to get a better mix and, with Frequency 2, there are now no reasons why you shouldn’t. Each of its eight bands can be individually set to dynamic mode, making the filter node dependent on the input signal for amazingly precise dynamic mixing. And, even better, Cubase 11 allows you to set a different sidechain for each band by making use of the multiple side-chain architecture of VST 3.
Staying in sync with tempo changes or markers is crucial when composing any kind of music. Cubase 11 makes your life easier with Global Tracks now able to be displayed in the Key Editor. With no need to leave the Key Editor anymore, this great visual reference will keep your compositions moving along quickly and creatively.
The multiband Imager is another great tool that will help you to get a better, cleaner mix. You can place audio tracks in the stereo field independently in up to four bands, allowing you to expand or reduce the stereo width of your sound. The individual scope and correlation displays help you to get your panning absolutely perfect.
Enhance EDM with Squasher
Electronic dance music productions need Squasher! This dynamic tool combines up and down compression for up to three bands, making it super flexible in many situations. Use it to help your lead sounds cut through the mix, tame aggressive bass lines or enhance subtle, spacey reverberation. Squasher is amazingly easy to use and it sounds fantastic.
New Score Editor Features and Fonts
The Score Editor was enhanced with lots of great additions and improvements. The new Properties tab lets you instantly access the matching options and settings of your notation and, with the Note Editing Overlay, you can edit notes as conveniently as in the Key Editor. There are more workflow improvements, and the Score Editor now also supports the SMuFL font format, which will bring Dorico’s beautiful Bravura and Petaluma fonts to Cubase.
Inspiring New Sample Sets
Be inspired and instantly start producing with six new, exclusive sound and loop sets in Cubase 11. Grammy-winner Beat Butcha contributes a sizzling pack of hip hop heat. Go-to Hollywood sound designer Robert Dudzic brings the Noir pack for cinematic trailers, where every sound tells a story. And Black Octopus Sound — well known for their samples in many current productions — contributes four exclusive sets: Lo-fi hip hop, Dancefloor Tech House, Vocal lines and ’80s Synth Wave.
SuperVision is a fully customizable, multimeter audio analyzer for professional productions. You can choose out of several different modules for level, spectral, phase and waveform analysis, creating your own custom layout with up to nine module slots to give you a supremely accurate visual picture of your sound.
Redesigned MIDI Controller Integration
The way Cubase integrates with external MIDI controllers was completely redesigned, making it much simpler and quicker. You can easily assign parameters to knobs and faders, while manufacturers can achieve in-depth integration and even auto-detection of their devices, based on the new future-proof script-based MIDI Remote API.
64-bit Windows 10 (version 1909)
64-bit Windows 10 (version 2004)
- Intel Core i Series or AMD Ryzen multi-core
- (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 35 GB free HD space
- 1440 x 900 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- Graphics card with DirectX 10 and WDDM 2.0 support
- (Windows only)
- USB-A for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- OS-compatible audio hardware*
- An internet connection is required for activation,
- account setup and personal/product registration.
- A download is required for the installation.
- Note: This software version does not support 32-bit plug-ins.
- ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance.
Measure (mm): 125 x 125 x 43
est. Weight (kg): 0.114
Vol.Weight (m³): 0.00067
Masterbox quant.: 20
Masterbox weight (kg): 2.28
Masterbox meas. (cm): 45.6 x 26 x 13.1