Solid State Logic follow up the release of the UF8 and the UC1 with the BiG SiX. SSL's BiG SiX is the natural evolution of their modern-day studio classic, SiX...Read more
SSL UF8 Advanced DAW Controller
Availability: 2 in stock
Order now, and this can be delivered by: Wednesday, March 06
- SSL UF8 Advanced DAW Controller, designed for today’s DAW-based production workflows and ultrafast turn-around times.
- An expandable 8-channel advanced DAW controller, UF8 connects engineers, producers, and artists directly to the creative process.
- Offers an absolute command of your workflow and significantly accelerates the speed of audio production and content creation.
- The culmination of SSL's 40-year legacy of mastering production workflows and studio ergonomics built into generations of classic SSL consoles.
SSL UF8 Advanced DAW Controller
UF8 is SSL's latest studio controller, designed for today’s DAW-based production workflows and ultrafast turn-around times.
An expandable 8-channel advanced DAW controller, UF8 connects engineers, producers, and artists directly to the creative process, offering the absolute command of their workflow and significantly accelerating the speed of audio production and content creation.
Not all controllers are equal
UF8 is the culmination of SSL's 40+ year legacy of mastering production workflows and studio ergonomics built into generations of classic SSL consoles. This depth of understanding of studio production, combined with decades of engineering excellence, delivers a premium finish tactile USB controller that distils SSL workflow and quality.
UF8 offers intuitive features that are developed from a true understanding of production workflow. Take ultimate control with simultaneous access to multiple DAW sessions, and precise navigation with a multi-purpose Master Encoder for DAW timeline access, track banking and mouse wheel emulation. 'Dual-purpose Selection Keys permit rapid access to select functions as well as solo and mute clearing in Pro Tools and Logic Pro. New CHANNEL and PLUG-IN control modes provide enhanced workflows for those using UF8 with Pro Tools, with easy access to sends and plug-ins without slowing down your creativity.
Each UF8 comes equipped with 43 assignable user keys set across 5 configurable banks, allowing users to configure their essential keyboard shortcuts and macros for total session control. Add multiple controllers to create your unique mixing system; build your perfect 16-24 channel music creation hub or connect 4 UF8's within a single system to create a 32-channel controller ideal for large post-production or mixing sessions. Multiple UF8s can be chained together using the THRU port and provide a safe place for iLok storage. For perfect positioning, each UF8 includes an adjustable stand allowing for six different angles of elevation for user-defined placement. 19" rack mount kits are also available for installation into an ORIGIN console centre section or other 19" studio racking.
SSL’s new 360° software application provides fast configuration and admin control of your UF8. With an expanded system, the 'drag-n-drop' configuration gives quick and dynamic access to each individual controller set up. Customise workflows and define up to 3 different DAW layers for simultaneous session control, with all changes managed without getting in the way of your productivity.
And if you don't love me now...
Chain multiple UF8's together to create your unique mixing system; build your perfect 16-24 channel music creation hub, or connect 4 UF8’s within a single system to create a 32-channel controller ideal for large post-production or mixing sessions. (Image shows 3 units / 24 channel system). The rear panel of UF8 features a USB 'C' type port for easy connection to the host computer ('C' to 'C' and 'C' to 'A' cables included with UF8), two jack sockets offering standard foot-switch connections and a socket for UF8's auto-ranging external PSU. The USB 'A' port on UF8 can be used to daisy-chain USB communication between UF8s, or, it can be used to plug in any USB dongles you have.
SSL 360° APP
SSL 360° is the command centre and brains behind UF8. It’s a cross-platform application for Mac and Windows. Installing is quick and easy. Once installed SSL 360° allows you to configure your UF8(s) for your DAW, customise the User Keys and save/load profiles. SSL 360° manages software and firmware updates for you.
SSL Native Plug-in Bundle
Full licences of Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins, SSL Native's highly regarded vocal (it's also great for speech / VO work) and percussion production tools are bundled with UF8. Giving you a range of professional quality processors suited to your music, audio and post-production tasks.
Open DAW Policy
UF8 integrates with all major DAWs and includes workflow-ready templates for Ableton® Live™, Cubase™ / Nuendo™, Pro Tools®, Logic Pro X® and Studio One®. Many producers and engineers prefer to split their creative process across multiple DAWs. UF8 is uniquely flexible and promotes SSL's Open DAW Policy - Control 3 different DAWs simultaneously and keep your production and mixdown process agile.
- UF8 and UC1 now come with 6 month subscription to SSL Complete
- New features added to Channel strip 2 plug-in
- New features added to SSL 360 plugin mixer
- High-quality 100 mm touch-sensitive faders
- High-resolution colour displays
- All-metal enclosure finished with a brushed, anodised top plate
- 8 Endless Rotary Encoders
- Custom Workflows with 43 assignable keys per UF8; 5 banks of 8 User Keys + 3 Quick Keys
- Intelligent Multi-Purpose CHANNEL Encoder
- Mouse Scroll Emulation: control of any plug-in parameter you hover the mouse over with absolute precision
- Integrates with All Major DAWs with workflow ready templates
- Pro Tools | Logic Pro | Cubase | Ableton Live | Studio One
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
- Switch Control between 3 Simultaneously connected DAWs
- Bundled with SSL Native Vocalstrip 2 & Drumstrip plug-ins
SSL 360° software must be installed on your Mac or Windows computer in order to use SSL UF8.
SSL 360° software requires the following:
- Mac - 10.13 (High Sierra) and above
- Windows - Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 (or comparable AMD processor) CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher
- 8GB RAM or more is recommended
- Internet-connection for software updates from SSL 360° application
The following DAWs are officially supported by UF8 and have dedicated profiles in SSL 360°. We only officially test with the most recent versions of each DAW software. In most cases, previous versions will also work fine.
- Pro Tools®
- Logic Pro X®
- Cubase™ / Nuendo™
- Ableton® Live™
- Studio One®
UF8 Physical Specification