Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition with Vintage Mullard Vacuum Tube
The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition is a cardioid tube condenser microphone with multiple variable polar patterns and a hand-selected, NOS Mullard tube that delivers a rich and stunning sound, all at a reasonable price. The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition made its debut at the 2017 NAMM show and sits at the top of the Sontronics range, but still remains an affordable option in the tube mic range.
The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition features variable multiple pickup patterns that will give you a wide choice of polar patterns, ranging from omnidirectional to figure-of-eight and everything in-between, controlled from the power supply. The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition boasts a pad (0, -10dB) and low-cut filter (linear, 75Hz) controls, and included professional power supply with medical-grade interference filter which boasts an incredibly low self-noise for a valve microphone (less than 12dB A-weighted). All this considered, it makes the Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition a must-have item for those looking for professional capture and results in the studio.
The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition was painstakingly designed by Sontronics’ founder Trevor Coley over a three-year period. Developed in cooperation with top artists and producers, as well as with the input of engineers at Abbey Road Studios, the Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition is hand-built in the UK with only the finest of quality components and hand-selected tubes. Most of which have a less than 1% tolerance which is usually unheard of for a microphone at this price. Lastly, like all Sontronics microphones, the MERCURY Vintage Edition is covered by a free lifetime warranty.
The Sontronics MERCURY Vintage Edition unique selling point is the NOS Mullard tubes, these hand-selected tubes are fitted into the MERCURY body and give you something a little extra and special. These tubes deliver a smooth rich sound with scintillating detail which will help you achieve professional-level recordings on a wide range of applications that include vocals, percussion, solo instruments, orchestra, ensembles and more.
- Valve/tube condenser microphone
- Variable polar patterns
- Designed to sound stunning on whatever you're working on
- Beta-tested with top producers and artists including Gary Barlow
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
- Male and female vocals
- Piano and strings
- Acoustic guitar and guitar amp
- Brass, woodwind, and ethnic instruments
- Drums and percussion
- Ensemble, choral, and orchestral
- Room and overhead micing
- Gary Barlow (Take That, X Factor UK)
- Ed Shearmur, film composer (Charlie’s Angels, Miss Congeneality)
- Wolverhampton University
- Szkola Rocka, Warsaw (School of Rock)
- Andy Gray, composer-producer (Hunter, The Bourne Identity, Collateral)
- Marc 'JB' Burrows, producer-remixer (Lady Gaga, Pink, Ke$ha)
- Mark Owen, singer-songwriter (Take That)
- Kansas Smittys
- Location Recordings (James Ivey)
- Adam Riviere (composer)
- Woodbury Studios