Sommer Mistral Double Screened Jacketed Studio Multicore (Part number: 100-0101)
This multicore encompasses all the highly desirable features of a multicore cable. The cable is very flexible and treadable using a rubber like jacket material. The overall foil screen virtually stonewalls any unwanted magnetic and RF fields (excluded on 40 pair). It is secured to the outer jacket so is automatically removed when the jacket is stripped. Connection is via a twisted drain wire. The same applies to the foil screen surrounding individual pairs. Their jackets are pre-numbered and colour coded in groups of eight for rapid identification.
Conductors and drain wires are tinned to protect against corrosion and oxidation. Both DC and self capacity losses are held to new lows by the use of generous sized conductors and an advanced dielectric material. All copper strands are of oxygen free copper. Surge impedance 85 ohms. Cable diameters are shown below. Double foil screened.
Available in seven configurations:
- 4 pair diameter 10mm Code 546-310
- 8 pair diameter 13mm Code 546-320
- 12 pair diameter 16mm Code 546-330
- 16 pair diameter 18mm Code 546-340
- 24 pair diameter 22mm Code 546-350
- 32 pair diameter 24mm Code 546-360
- 40 pair diameter 27mm Code 546-870
- Additional insulation for each wire pair with a numbered and colour-coded PVC sleeve
- Very flexible and tread-resistant owing to the use of a rubberlike jacket material
- Simple and fast handling due to the use of compound foil and a pre-twisted drain wire
- High bending cycles due to the tightly stranded Cu litz wires
- Returns on the cable splice are instantly recognisable by the colour coding on the conductor pairs
- High transmission quality even with excess distances (low capacitance!)
- Affordable price
- Ideal for studio installation and permanent installation
- Fixed installation in theatres, public buildings etc.
- Construction of dependable cable reel systems