Slate Digital Gates Bundle
The Gates Bundle will be one of the most important weapons in an audio engineer’s arsenal. Used tactically, it can eliminate or reduce unwanted bleed or background noise from recorded source material with ease. Used creatively, its applications are virtually limitless. Introducing two new gate modules: Gate: Classic and Gate: Drums. You can now access nearly infinite gating options without ever having to leave your Virtual Mix Rack workflow!
One fierce gate to rule them all. Kill any unwanted background noise in a variety of source material with ease. A classic gate setup with traditional parameters that include threshold, ratio, range, attack, release, slope, and two distinct gate modes:
- Classic: standard detection based on the signal amplitude only. Input signal can be filtered with the highpass & lowpass filters.
- Vocal: introduces internal filtering that better detects a vocalist’s natural breathing. A unique timing circuit is added to smooth the opening and closing of the gate.
Gate: Classic also features highly accurate sidechain filters, providing an array of creative options across the mix.
Unlike Gate: Classic, Gate: Drums is based on transient input. This means that the gate is triggered by sharp and soft transients rather than volume levels. With this unique processing, you can separate the transient from the signal tail, and apply different processes to each!
Gate: Drums is divided into three sections, from top to bottom:
- Transient Detection: The first step of the workflow. Adjusting the detection to catch only the desired transients.
- Gate: The second step of the workflow. Adjusting the floor and timing of the gate.
- Debleed: The final step of the workflow. Filters the tail when a transient is caught.
- Detection Filters: Filter the signal before detection, so the gate only reacts to certain frequencies.
Transient Detection: Controls the ability of the gate to detect more or less transient.
Detection Threshold: By excluding low levels, you can focus on a specific amplitude range and have insanely precise transient detection!
Debleed: Debleed On/Off enables dynamic filters.
Release: Controls the speed of filter activation once a transient has been detected.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14
- Intel Processor, 4GB RAM
- AU, VST2, VST3, or AAX 64-bit host
- Windows 8 or 10
- Intel or AMD Processor, 4GB RAM
- VST2, VST3, or AAX 64-bit host
The All Access Pass can be used with iLok Cloud and does not require an iLok USB dongle. You will just need an active internet connection to use iLok Cloud. Perpetual "Buy Now" individual plugin licenses require an iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB dongle.