Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Mic (SGV Grey)
The Schoeps V4 U studio vocal microphone delivers outstanding technical characteristics that is typical of all Schoeps timeless, classic designs. The aesthetic of the V4 U is based on the Schoeps CM 51/3 from 1951, but the V4 U is a thoroughly modern studio microphone. its capsule, circuitry and mechanical construction are the result of extensive new product development and research.
- A 33-mm bevelled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at the high frequencies. Much like in large-diaphragm microphones.
- Extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained thanks to the small-diaphragm capsule.
- The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
- Newly developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
- Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
- The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
- Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
- High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
- Pickup pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 50 Hz - 22 kHz
- Sensitivity: -36 dB (V/Pa), 16 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 15 dB
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 25 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 79 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %): 144 dB-SPL
- Maximum output voltage: 4.8 V (13 dBV) with 1 kΩ load
- Low cut filter: 40 Hz, 18 dB/oct
- Minimum recommended load impedance: 1 kΩ
- Output impedance: 50 Ω
- Maximum cable length: > 300 m
- SCHOEPS RFI Shield: Yes
- Powering standard / Valid range: P 48 / >43 V
- Current consumption: 3.3 mA
- Common mode rejection ratio (at 1 kHz): > 80 dB
- Output: XLR-3M, analogue, 1 channel
- Length: 194 mm
- Diameter: 34 mm
- Width of the capsule head: 45 mm
- Head swivel degree span: +/- 20°
- Weight: 302 g
- Surface finish: Grey