RME Babyface Pro FS
- RME Babyface Pro FS, the brand new updated version of the RME Babyface Pro.
- A 24-Channel, 192 kHz Bus-Powered, Professional USB Audio Interface.
- All clock modes provide excellent performance and astonishingly high-quality analogue conversion, allowing you to hear your mix exactly as it is.
- The user interface is both informative and clearly laid out, providing simple and intuitive access to every feature and configuration mode.
RME Babyface Pro FS
More Pro-level Performance with SteadyClock FS
The clock frequency is an essential factor in digital audio, creating the correlation between the audio bits and time reference. Unfortunately for many devices, the clock frequency is not always as stable as desired. The Babyface Pro FS offers the full SteadyClock FS circuit, as found on RME's award-winning ADI-2 Pro FS AD/DA converter, and resulting in incredibly low jitter values and highest jitter immunity.
All clock modes provide excellent performance and astonishingly high-quality analogue conversion, allowing you to hear your mix exactly as it is. What's more, RME's digital format conversion occurs without any loss to the signal, and SteadyClock FS ensures your sonic image will never experience any kind of degradation. This helps to optimize recordings and mixes, ensuring the soundstage is replicated to the fullest depth and clarity.
Award-Winning ADI-2 Series Headphone Power
The two headphone outputs offer direct connections for TRS (1/4 " / 6.3 mm) and mini-jack (1/8 " / 3.5 mm) sockets in parallel.
Completely separate driver stages perfectly match with low and high impedance headphones, guaranteeing pristine sonic results regardless of the headphone used.
The Babyface Pro FS features the same output op-amps found on the RME ADI-2 Pro FS, increasing the headphone's output power to 90 mW.
The THD (total harmonic distortion) of both phones outputs has also improved by up to 10 dB, with the 3.5 mm connection's output impedance lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
Full range capture - Improved Mic & Line Input
Two digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power. These improved new circuits feature a gain range of 76 dB, adjustable in steps of 1 dB, including a relay-driven PAD, resulting in exceptional EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) performance as well as line overload protection, and enough gain for even the lowest level microphones.
For the main I/O RME have designed an XLR socket which integrates seamlessly into the housing. The comprehensive feature set continues with an optical TOSLINK I/O; use as either an ADAT port with SMUX support or SPDIF for sessions up to 192 kHz.
In combination with an external ADAT converter, the Babyface Pro FS fully supports 12 analogue inputs as well as 12 outputs, making it ideal for both live and studio multi-track applications.
Two balanced line inputs allow you to plug in any instrument, either line-level or high impedance, for recording with the Babyface Pro FS. Record your guitar on the go, with no additional hardware required.
The package is completed with MIDI I/O, accessible via the included breakout cable.
A touring musician's dream...
The Babyface Pro FS's user interface is both informative and clearly laid out, providing simple and intuitive access to every feature and configuration mode. Even in standalone mode, routing and mixing of inputs to outputs is possible directly from the front-panel controls, opening up a whole world of possible application
- Brand new updated version of the RME Babyface Pro
- Same great looks, even better sound!
- Femtosecond ('FS') clocking technology (also found on the high-end ADI-2 Series)
- Improved preamps
- Improved headphone amps
- Even better latency
- Physical switch (+19/+4 dBu) for direct adjustment of output levels
- TotalMix FX
- TotalMix Remote
- Kensington Lock connection
- 5 Year Warranty (UK Only)
Comparison: Improvements over the original Babyface Pro
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. Uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 dB to 113.7 dB, TRS Line inputs SNR improved from 114 dB to 116.3 dB (120 dBA). THD Line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- 6 samples less latency on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA. It won't get quicker...).
- New +19 / +4 dBu switch (on the bottom of the Babyface Pro FS) adds a direct way to reduce the output level, thus improving SNR for sensitive active monitors; avoiding distortion / overloads; and helping to keep TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB, instead of high attenuations.
- All the above improvements were achieved without raising the power consumption!
- K-slot (Kensington Lock) for theft protection.
- 4 x Analogue Inputs (Mic Line, Instrument)
- 4 x Analogue Outputs (2 x XLR, 2 x Phones)
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Hard Plastic Storage Case
- MIDI Breakout Cable
- USB Cable (with right-angle connector)
- Paper Manual
- Driver installation CD* (We always recommended you download the latest drivers from the RME website).
|Connectivity||USB, MIDI, ADAT|
|No. of Mic Preamps||2|
|No. Instrument Inputs||2|
|No. of Line Inputs||2|
|No. of Line Outputs||2|
|No. of Digital Ins||8|
|No. of Digital Outs||8|
|No. of Headphone Outputs||2|