PreSonus Eris E5 Studio Monitor
Sound you can trust
PreSonus understand when you’re serious about creating music, you need studio monitors that will deliver nothing but the truth. The Eris-series monitors provide a smooth and accurate frequency response, powerful Class AB amplification with loads of headroom, and a suite of acoustic tuning controls to mitigate room anomalies. So whether you are recording your first album or latest and greatest hit, the Eris E5 will ensure your vision is accurately heard.
Woofers that deliver a cleaner overall sound
Every Eris-series studio monitor utilises a woven composite low-frequency driver. The weave and nature of the Eris E5’s five-inch woofer help to break up reflected energy, so few delayed reflections end up reaching your ear during a session. This provides you with a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and a cleaner overall sound.
Smooth high end
Each Eris monitor is equipped with a silk dome tweeter designed to radiate sound with a wide dispersion pattern that creates a larger sweet spot. The result is a smooth and refined sound that accurately reproduces transients and high frequencies during playback.
Monitors you can customise
The Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to mitigate room anomalies further. A Low Cut-off filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor® subwoofer into your monitor setup. As PreSonus understand in today’s world, music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in challenging mixing environments.
Studio monitor connections
Feeding audio to the PreSonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors from audio interfaces, mixers, monitor controllers and almost any other line-level source is a breeze. All thanks to the provided balanced XLR, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. You’ll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up to virtually anything.
The Eris E5 monitor is suitable for both home recording studios and professional mix engineering. The Eris E5 studio monitors combine sterling audio quality with the flexible tuning and connectivity that PreSonus have been known for delivering.
Components and construction:
- 5.25-inch woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- HF Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- High-pass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
Power and safety
- 70 watt, Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch
- Unbalanced RCA inputs