Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone
The Perfect Podcasting Mic
The AT2040’s Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional, high-quality sound.
The multistage foam mesh windscreen comes with a nonwoven filter; this allows close-up use without annoying pops.
Quiet, Professional Performance
The microphone features an integrated, specially designed shock mount that tempers any noise, shock and vibration that could be transmitted through a microphone stand, boom, or mount.
Why Choose a Dynamic Over a Condenser?
Dynamic Mic Characteristics
Minimizes room noise, making them perfect for sonically untreated rooms. They feature smooth audio capture, with classic warm broadcast sound, and robust construction with no external power requirements.
Condenser Mic Characteristics
Extremely sensitive and picks up the subtlest sounds in any environment. They have very articulate audio with a detailed high-frequency capture, they also require external power to operate (phantom or battery).
- A dynamic microphone that delivers a warm, assertive broadcast sound, perfect for podcasting
- Large-diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount constricts noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Includes a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone
- Pivoting Stand Mount
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter
- Soft Protective Pouch