Focusrite Overview, Features, and Specs video content for Scarlett and Vocaster is available now. These videos are designed to make it easy to understand who each interface is for, and why you should upgrade to the next in the range...Read more
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Audio Interface (3rd Gen)
Availability: 1 in stock
- Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Audio Interface (3rd Gen), bring your hardware music-making setup into the computer world.
- Six balanced line inputs, for connecting synths or other line-level audio, and four balanced outputs, for monitoring and effects sends.
- Two of the best performing Scarlett mic preamps the range has ever heard, now with Air, for recording vocals
- Two high headroom instrument inputs, for plugging your guitar or bass straight in.
- Loopback, for grabbing a stereo feed of any combination of hardware inputs and software playback, no cables needed, for simple sampling, streaming or podcasting.
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals or other outboard gear.
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Audio Interface (3rd Gen)
Sitting on the desks of more producers than any other, the Scarlett range of audio interfaces means studio-quality sound for more music-making machines than any other. 8i6, with its dual mic-pres, fixed-line I/O and MIDI, gives you just the right connectivity to easily bring your hardware music-making setup into the computer world.
- Six balanced line inputs, for connecting synths or other line-level audio, and four balanced outputs, for monitoring and effects sends
- Two of the best performing Scarlett mic preamps the range has ever heard – now with Air – for recording vocals
- Two high headroom instrument inputs, for plugging your guitar or bass straight in
- Loopback, for grabbing a stereo feed of any combination of hardware inputs and software playback, no cables needed, for simple sampling, streaming or podcasting
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals or other outboard gear
The Scarlett 8i6 is the compact studio solution you’ve been looking for, allowing you to keep all your hardware plugged in and ready to go: set up mics, guitars and synths to start creating as soon as inspiration strikes. With improved A-D and D-A conversion, your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz and two independent high-fidelity headphone outputs with dedicated volume control enable flexible monitoring during recording and mixing.
8i6 provides two of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound.
Record guitars or bass via the two high-headroom instrument inputs without any clipping or unwanted distortion. And get creative using the six flexible line inputs – two on the front with gain control, and four fixed-line on the back allowing you to record up to six mono or three stereo line-level sources such as synthesisers or drum machines.
A pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels – making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
Scarlett 8i6 is designed to stand up to days on the road and connects straight to your Mac® or PC via USB cable. It comes with all the software tools you need to get started: two comprehensive digital audio workstations, Ableton® Live Lite™ and Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Subscription; Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite; a choice of one of four of XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with the user-friendly control software Focusrite Control.
- Control output levels
- Control software playback levels and panning
- Control hardware input levels and panning
- Control mute and dim
- View input and output metering
- Control preamp features available on your connected Focusrite interface
- Approve devices for control
To work with Focusrite Control, just install the free iOS app on your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®, ensure you're connected to the same network, and approve the iOS device in the desktop app. It is included with the Scarlett USB audio interfaces, Clarett Thunderbolt™ and Clarett USB Focusrite ranges. All you have to do is register your gear, and Focusrite Control will be featured in your Focusrite account.
If that wasn't enough, Focusrite has partnered with Splice to give 3rd Gen. interface owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up a new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily from your favourite producers, sound designers, and artists. Creators use Splice to make all kinds of music, including chart-topping pop, Grammy-winning albums, underground mixtapes, and cinematic scores.
And as with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from a 3-year warranty, and award-winning customer support.
Check your computer's operating system (OS) is compatible with the Scarlett Solo is to use Focusrite Online OS Checker
- Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- 1 x Power Supply
- Ableton Live Lite
- Three Month Avid® Pro Tools® Artist Subscription with Complete Plugin Bundle
- Splice Sounds
- Native Instruments® MASSIVE
- FAST Balancer
- Antares® Auto-Tune® Access
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555
- XLN Audio® Addictive Keys
- XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock Kit
|USB, MIDI, SPDIF, ADAT
|No. of Mic Preamps
|No. Instrument Inputs
|No. of Line Inputs
|No. of Line Outputs
|No. of Digital Ins
|No. of Headphone Outputs