Focusrite RedNet R1
The Focusrite RedNet R1 is versatile studio-grade desktop remote controller for Focusrite Red audio interfaces, designed to enhance and perfect your workflow. When combined with a Red interface the RedNet R1 gives you complete control of your monitor selection, source selection and offers you Dante, Pro Tools | HD and Thunderbolt connectivity. The RedNet R1 can be used to manage remote-controllable mic preamps on your Focusrite Red interfaces so you can keep them stocked in the rack and therefore work in a decluttered, ergonomic studio environment.
Unlimited Mix and Monitor Capabilities
When the RedNet R1 is connected to a Red interface you’ll have the ability to select inputs from one or more of eight available source groups, each comprising of up to 12 channels, to a maximum of 32 total channels. The sources are selected via the front panel or set up using the included RedNet Control application for PC and Mac systems. You’ll be able to mix and monitor in Dolby Atmos and Sony 360 Reality Audio using any combination of the selected eight source groups, in formats that range from mono through to 12-channel audio and other 7.1.4 immersive formats.
The Focusrite RedNet R1 features Dante-enabled talkback with built-in microphone, plus an internal mic preamp for connecting an external microphone, with high-powered headphone output so you can monitor audio inputs and outputs plus interact with interact with talent in another location. A total of up to 4 talkback destination groups are available when used with a Red interface (when used with other Dante devices, a single talkback group is available). Additionally, there is also a headphone output that allows you to isolate sources and audition them before playing them in your monitors.
Different audio formats at the touch of a button
When the RedNet R1 is combined with Red interfaces there is support for up to four monitoring outputs, meaning you can listen to your mix in different audio formats at the touch of a button. Easily fold-down mixes to different formats via the eight available output buttons and always maintain a smooth workflow while working with multiple surround formats.
Red Range Mic Preamp Control
The RedNet R1 enables you to have full control of your Red range mic preamps from the convenience of one location, thus improving seed and workflow. Other features include a footswitch input on quarter inch jack, for talkback management, LFE muting and more. Lastly, the Focusrite RedNet R1 can be powered via Ethernet to reduce cable complexity in the studio (using the PoE standard) or by the included DC power supply.
3-year warranty & Plug-in Collective membership
With all Focusrite products, you’ll benefit from a 3-year warranty, award-winning customer support and membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts. Find out the latest offer here.
- RedNet R1 combined with Focusrite Red interfaces are the first Dante, Pro Tools | HD and Thunderbolt interface system with a source selector and monitor controller.
- Up to eight source groups, each of up to 12 channels, to a maximum of 32 total channels.
- Supported monitor configurations range from mono to 12 channel, 7.1.4 surround sound, allowing you to work in a variety of immersive formats such as Dolby Atmos and Sony 360 Audio.
- Flexible monitor controls include level, preset level selection and lock, plus dim, mute and a variety of solo modes.
- Four different output formats mean you can monitor different mixdowns of your current source(s) to ensure quality in each format. Easily fold-down using the output buttons to ensure that you maintain a smooth workflow when working with multiple surround formats.
- RedNet R1 also offers talkback functionality to provide a quick way of communicating with talent in another location.
- Built-in internal microphone, or users can connect their own via the rear-panel XLR.
- Two LCDs display highly accurate level metering of the outputs, sources and headphone outputs, and give visual cues for navigating menus.
- A/B switch for switching between monitoring setups.
- There is also a high-fidelity headphone output that will allow you to isolate sources before playing them in your monitors.
- RedNet Control software with hardware focused workflow is designed for quickly setting up simple or complex configurations.
- Quarter-inch jack footswitch input socket for talkback management, LFE muting and more.
- Powered via Ethernet (using the PoE standard) or using the supplied DC power supply.
The Focusrite RedNet R1’s eight source switches allow you the ability to work in a variety of formats such as Dolby Atmos, Sony Audio and other immersive sound environments. Easily sum, solo, layer and subtract these sources and hear them on a stereo set of speakers or full immersive array. Resulting in an improved workflow with adder control functionality. Perfect for ADR & Foley, edit suites and post-production facilities which can benefit from the ability to control the remote-controllable mic preamps on the Focusrite Red interfaces.
In music recording studio scenarios, the RedNet R1 allows you to take control of the remote-controllable mic preamps on Focusrite Red interfaces, so you can keep them inside a rack and out of the way whilst working. the built-in talkback microphone lets you talk with the talent in different rooms, and you can check mixes in surround, stereo or mono, on different sets of monitors. If your recording session is being played on your monitors, but you then need to check the vocals on your session. Simply select that source on your headphones and you can listen to those vocals soloed for example.
What's in the box:
- RedNet R1
- 1 x 12V 1.2A DC - 1.8m power supply cable (2.5mm locking plug)
- 1 x Cat 6 RJ45 Ethernet Cable
- Important Information Guide
- Registration code giving access to online resources
- RedNet Control
- Software mixer with a hardware-focussed workflow, which is designed to allow quick setup of both simple and complex monitoring and routing configurations.
- Mac OS X
- 13 macOS High Sierra
- 14 macOS Mojave
- 15 macOS Catalina
- 16 macOS Big Sur