Focusrite RedNet HD32R
The Focusrite RedNet HD32R is a 1U, 19-inch rack-mount Dante interface that allows for Pro Tools|HD users direct access to the full benefits of the Dante digital audio networking system, including its uniquely flexible network topology and premium quality audio interfaces. Your Pro Tools system is connected to the HD32R via standard Mini DigiLink ports.
PSU and Ethernet Redundancy
On the Focusrite RedNet HD32R dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are provided, with several operating modes including daisy-chaining and redundancy confirmed by the front-panel indicators. The HD32R also features two separate power supplies with included fault detection capabilities and separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) on the rear of the unit. The power state is indicated both remotely and on the front panel. All wrapped up inside a compact 1U rack-mountable form factor with 32 channels of I/O.
Why Dante and RedNet for Pro Tools|HD?
Focusrite’s RedNet was the first to offer IP networked audio interfaces for recording studios, education, live sound and broadcast workflows. By combining superb audio interfaces with the tried and tested reliability of the Dante Ethernet-based audio networking system from Audinate. Dante has been in use in the live sound industry for years in the most exacting applications without missing a single sample.
Dante networking offers a powerful combination of features that make it ideal for any Pro Tools|HD production environment. Focusrite’s superb DC-coupled mic preamplifiers and precision digital conversion ensure the very highest audio quality I/O, while Dante’s Ethernet-based audio networking technology makes the need for complex, expensive and bulky analogue multiway cables redundant.
The Focusrite RedNet HD32R acts as a 64 channel (32 in/32 out) digital break-in/outbox while operating in the same way as a standard interface and supporting a wide range of Pro Tools|HDX and HD cards. The following Pro Tools systems are supported: Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD Native, Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt, and Pro Tools|HD TDM.
Up to six HD32R modules can be used with a Pro Tools|HDX system and three with Pro Tools|HD, allowing you the maximum channel count for either. Simply connect the HD32R to Pro Tools|HD with standard Mini DigiLink connectors and you’re good to go.
The HD32R allows for the use of low latency performance of Pro Tools|HD cards in place of a RedNet PCle card, bringing you the full benefits of Dante audio-over IP networking and the RedNet product range to a Pro Tools|HD system. The entire range of Dante-compatible products including the RedNet analogue and digital interfaces can then be used with a Pro Tools|HD system when connected via an Ethernet cable.
From complex multi-room systems to single installations, Dante and RedNet offer the ability to create sophisticated and comprehensive high-quality audio production environments over a standard Ethernet network, with the HD32R providing the bridge to any Pro Tools|HD system. Assign any available Dante source or destination via HD32R and it will appear in Pro Tools exactly as it would with any other Pro Tools-compatible interface, maintaining the traditional Pro Tools workflow.
3-year Warranty & Plug-in Collective Membership
With all Focusrite products, you’ll benefit from a 3-year warranty, award-winning customer support and membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts. Find out the latest offer here.
- Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to interoperate fully with Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX.
- Ethernet and power supply redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure and locking connectors.
- Provides the vital link to create an extensive high-quality audio network based on standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 wiring, bringing the latest advances in digital audio networking to Pro Tools|HD.
- Cost-effectively increase audio I/O quality and flexibility with RedNet interfaces.
- Permits multiple workstations to access the same interface hardware and I/O.
- No changes to Pro Tools workflow required – simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools|HD inputs and outputs.
- Up to 32 I/O with Pro Tools|HD over single DigiLink connection per RedNet HD32R.
- Additional Avid/Digidesign interfaces may be connected to expansion ports.
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with TDM- or AAX-DSP-based plugins and saved sessions.