Focusrite RedNet D16R
The Focusrite RedNet D16R AES is a 1U, 19-inch rack mountable Dante interface featuring 16 channels of AES/EBU connectivity to and from the Dante audio network. The D16R is perfect for bridging between digital consoles, power amplifiers or any other AES3 equipped audio equipment and any Dante network. The RedNet D16R features SCR (Sample Rate Conversion) on each input pair allowing for plug and play operation with any AES3 source. The Word Clock I/O and DARS (Digital Audio Reference Signal) connections allow synchronisation with a wide range of external sources and hardware, while the S/PDIF I/O allows the integration of equipment such as CD or solid-state recorders/players.
PSU and Ethernet redundancy
With the RedNet D16R dual locking etherCON Ethernet ports are provided, with several operating modes including daisy-chaining and redundancy conformed front-panel indicators. The D16R is also fitted with two separate power supplies with fault detection capability, with separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) on the rear of the unit. The power supply status of the unit is provided indicated both remotely and on the front panel. And with a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality, the compact 1U rack mountable D16R with no doubt survive years use without a hitch.
AES59 Standard Interface Connections
Two DB25 connectors each provide eight channels of combined I/O to the AES59 standard, allowing for a speedy interconnection with other DB25-connected or XLR based equipment by the use of standard DB25 to XLR cables. The rear-panel XLR female input on the D16R can be used either as a DARS sync source for the Dante system or as an AES3 audio source replacing input channels 1-2 on the DB25 connectors.
AN XLR male socket provides a duplicated AES3 outlet for output channels 1-2. Whereas the RCA S/PDIF input can similarly replace input channels 3-4 of the DB25 connectors and the S/PDIF output can replicate any adjacent odd/even pair of the 16 output channels.
The two etherCON network connectors on the rear of the D16R allow two modes of operation. They can be used either as a primary/redundant network interface that allows for seamless switchover in the case of network failure, or as a daisy-chain port allowing the connection of multiple units.
The Front panel of the D16R provides status information for the unit like the clock source, sample rate, primary and secondary network connection, power supply status and signal presence for each of the AES3 pairs. Lastly, all the clocking and input/output options of the RedNet D16R AES are remotely controlled by the RedNet Control software application for Mac and PC.
- 16 Channel bi-directional RedNet AES3 Interface for Dante Networks
- Power supply and Ethernet redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure and locking etherCON network connectors.
- Sample rate conversion allows external equipment to run at any sample rate
- Compact 1U chassis allows maximum functionality in minimum rack space
- Two 8-channel AES59 combined I/O DB25 connections, plus a pair of XLR3 connectors duplicating channels 1 & 2
- Rear panel XLR input connector either be used as a DARS input or as a traditional AES3 audio input
- S/PDIF input and outputs provided on RCA connectors; ideal for connecting CD players or solid-state recorders
- Word Clock I/O on BNC connectors allows synchronisation of the Dante network to house clock, or syncing external equipment to the Dante network
- RedNet Control and Dante control software allow routing and control from your audio computer system via a software control panel - no hardware patching required