Focusrite RedNet AM2
The Focusrite RedNet AM2 is a compact Dante-compatible stereo monitoring unit, combining headphone and balanced line outputs for monitoring of signals from the Dante network. The RedNet AM2 features a 1/4” front panel TRS headphone socket plus a pair of rear mounted balanced line outputs with male XLR connectors for loudspeaker monitoring and other applications. The Focusrite RedNet AM2 can be powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via the provided DC power supply. The RedNet AM2 is ideal for adding headphone outputs to a studio-based system as well offering a valuable solution for education, live sound and broadcast settings, to name a few.
High power headphone amp
The Focusrite RedNet AM2 has been designed to drive a wide range of headphones. the headphone amplifier will drive high impedance (up to 600 ohms) headphones at substantial levels, making the unit suitable for use whilst on stage as well as front-of-house or in a recording studio environment. Additionally, the XLR line-level outputs have software-switchable 0dBFS reference levels of +18 or +24 dBu, allowing for the alignment to both EBU and SMPTE standards.
Superb-quality D/A conversion
The Focusrite RedNet AM2 features a 2-channel Dante receiver that is based around Audinate’s ‘Ultimo’ hardware and incorporates high-quality digital to analogue conversion at standard samples from 44.1 to 96 kHz with >118dB dynamic range. The AM2 has been designed for stereo network audio monitoring via the line level outputs for the use with loudspeakers and headphones. the unit can be clocked wither internally or via the Dante network master.
The unit features two large volume control knobs for the headphone and line output levels, the latter featuring a mute button with associated LEDs. Other indicators on the AM2 show the presence of power, network and signal. The signal indicator shows red for 0 dBFS, orange at -6 and green at -42 on either channel, while the network indicator illuminates when a valid network connection is present on either Port 1 or 2.
Power over Ethernet or external PSU
The two locking etherCON connectors are connected to an integrated gigabit switch to connect the device to the network and daisy chain to additional network devices. The Focusrite RedNet AM2 can be powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or via the provided DC power supply. The power LED indicates green when the unit is powered via PoE and red when the external power supply is in use.
The compact AM2 unit is mounted in an enclosure based around a sturdy road-worthy aluminium extrusion and is fitted with non-slip feet. It can either sit securely on a flat surface or can be mounted on top of a microphone stand using the standard 3/8” BSW threaded bush incorporated in the base of the unit.
Full Dante interoperability
Like the entire RedNet range from Focusrite, the AM2 interoperates seamlessly and fully with any other Dante audio-over-IP network components and infrastructure. Patching and interconnection can be managed with the Dante Controller on Mac or PC.
3-year warranty & Plug-in Collective membership
With all Focusrite products, you’ll benefit from a 3-year warranty, award-winning customer support and membership of their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts. Find out the latest offer here.
- Convenient headphone/loudspeaker stereo monitoring solution for Dante gives outputs wherever they are needed
- Superb digital to analogue conversion provides transparent and accurate audio quality
- Powerful headphone amp delivers plenty of level even with high-Z headphones for maximum high-quality audibility
- Independent headphone/line output level controls for maximum control
- Line output mute switch instantly kills the signal to external speakers or power amps
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch allows connection of a second device for simpler cabling
- Built-in mic stand mount plus non-slip feet - mount RedNet AM2 to a mic stand or place securely on a surface
- 2x male XLR outputs (+18/+24 dBu software-switchable)
- Stereo headphone output (1/4” TRS)
- 2x etherCON connectors with integrated network switch
- 12V DC PSU (supplied) input
- Signal, Network, Power and Line Out Mute indicators
- Tough aluminium extruded chassis