Focusrite Red 16Line
The Focusrite Red 16Line is a 64-in/64-out Pro Tools | HD and dual Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with super-low latency A-D/D-A conversion, Red Evolution mic preamps, up to 121dB dynamic range, ultra-low round trip latency and expansion over Ethernet for network audio. Since the Red 16Line provides both DigiLink connectors and Thunderbolt connections, it’s now easier than ever to switch from Pro Tools | HD to another DAW of your choice without the need to reconfigure option cards in the interface. Simply change the host mode either in the RedNet Control Software or a different DAW using the device’s front panel.
The easiest way to work in Pro Tools | HD and a second DAW
Since the Red 16Line provides both DigiLink connectors and Thunderbolt connections, it is simply effortless to switch from Pro Tools | HD to a second DAW of your choice without any need to reconfigure option cards in the interface.
Focusrite’s best conversion
The Focusrite Red 16Line features high-performance audio conversion with over 118dB dynamic range A-D and 121dB dynamic range D-A (A-Weighted). Focusrite has expertly selected and calibrated these converters to provide you with the best balance of sound quality, dynamic range and conversion latency in their best-quality audio interface.
Revolutionise your workflow
The Red 16Line’s ultra-low round trip latency will completely transform your workflow. Gone are the days of building two different mixes, one for input monitoring and the other for DAW playback, now you can build your mix on the DAW and use it whether you're overdubbing (monitoring the input you're recording with the RedNet Control software mixer) or playing back, with all your plug-ins in place, all the time.
Extensive Analogue I/O
The Focusrite Red 16Line features 16 line inputs on D-sub, coupled with 16 line outputs and two main monitor outputs.
Two of Focusrite’s best preamps
The Focusrite Red 16Line houses two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps that provide up the 63 dB of ultra-clean gain along with stereo linking, individual phantom power, high pass filter, phase reverse and Air mode that gives the sonic signature of the classic transformer ISA preamp.
Network audio enabled out of the box
With the Red 16Line coming with dual-port Dante connectivity you’ll be able to expand your studio over Ethernet for more channels at higher sample rates, anywhere in your network at lower latency and overall cost.
Software mixer with hardware focussed workflow
RedNet Control is Focusrite’s software mixer that’s designed primarily for ease of use in quickly setting up both simple and complex monitoring and routing configurations, together with the ability to control your preamps remotely.
The sound of Red across your mix
All Red interface comes with Focusrite’s Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and compression plug-ins. AAX/AU/VST-compatible, these plug-ins faithfully reproduce the sonic qualities of the original hardware, allowing you to take advantage of the classic Red sound, the sound of professional recording studios all over the world, across your entire mix.
The Focusrite studio console reborn in your DAW
The Focusrite Studio Console defined countless hits of the 80s and 90s, thanks in large part to its ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules. Brainworx's bx_console Focusrite plug-in brings you stunningly accurate emulations of both in a single plug-in, perfectly capturing the famously warm, open sound of two of the most revered pieces of studio hardware ever made.
With all Focusrite products, you’ll benefit from a 3-year warranty, and award-winning customer support.
- Connect to Pro Tools | HD, Thunderbolt computers, and Dante simultaneously without option cards
- High-performance audio conversion with over 118dB dynamic range A/D and 121dB dynamic range D/A (A-weighted)
- Ultra-low round trip latency to track through plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real-time
- 16 line inputs on D-sub, coupled with 16 line outputs and two main monitor outputs
- Two digitally-controlled Red Evolution mic preamps with up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain, stereo linking, individual phantom power, high-pass filter and phase reverse
- Air mode on the preamps, giving recordings the clarity of a transformer-based ISA
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports as standard to connect additional Thunderbolt products
- Dual-port Dante card for more channels at higher sample rates
- Three LCD displays for highly accurate level metering
- RedNet Control software mixer for setting up monitoring and routing configurations, with remote control of preamps
- Two discrete high-fidelity headphone outputs
- Connect multiple digital sources using word clock I/O and loop-sync I/O
- Two instrument inputs on the front panel
- AAX/AU/VST-compatible Red 2 and Red 3 EQ and compression plug-ins