Focal Shape Twin 2.5 Way Active Studio Monitor Speaker
The Shape Twin is the torch and standard bearer of Focal’s Shape series, featuring two passive radiators, woofer equipped with a new designed Flax cone, and the latest “M”-shaped Aluminium/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter. As Focal state themselves the Shape Twin is the “Perfect weapon of mass production for professionals”.
Just the Shape 40, 50 and 65 monitors the Shape Twin is made in France. The Shape Twin is designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening spaces and studios. The Shape Twin stands out for its excellent production and rendering of the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response and its high SPL despite its size. The compact design of the Shape Twin makes it simple and easy to integrate into any studio set-up, even in the most cramped of rooms. Lastly, its 2.5-way design gives the Shape Twin a real advantage when controlling the bass and low mid-range registers that are usually the hardest to control on small spaces.
Focal’s Shape Twin and its five innovation present a remarkable tonal balance, with an incredibly wide and precise stereo imaging, the low frequencies are well defined and controlled, while the low-mis and mid ranges provide a natural and accurate sound.
- MDF cabinet with natural walnut veneer
- 5" (13cm) Flax sandwich cone for the 40Hz – 2.5kHz frequency range
- 1" (25mm) 'M'- shaped Aluminium/ Magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- 5" (13cm) Flax sandwich cone for the 40 – 180Hz frequency range
- TMD suspension
- Neutral Inductance Circuit (N.I.C.)
- XLR and RCA inputs
- Adjustable bass and treble
- Adjustable crossover at 160Hz
- 8" (21cm) double passive radiator
- Releasable high-pass filter
- Three Class AB amplifiers
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible sweet spot
- Designed without a port (double passive radiator) allowing it to be placed near a wall
- 5 channels to provide optimal control of bass and low mid-range registers
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high frequencies
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers
- Fastening mechanisms for mounting to the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)