FabFilter Saturn 2 Upgrade
This is an upgrade product for uses of FabFilter Saturn 1.
A crush on music
In music production distortion and saturation play an incredibly vital and important role. Whether that be subtle, clean and warm tube or tape saturation or wild unchained multiband guitar amp effects; FabFilter Saturn 2 delivers and some.
Warmth, harmonics, colour and dynamics
FabFilter Saturn 2 offers a range of different high quality distortion modes that are inspired by the vintage sound of tubes, tape, transformers and guitar amps. With Saturn 2 you get 5 creative FX distortion styles to mangle your sounds in strange and unexpected ways. With its multiband design and per-band feedback, dynamics, drive, tone and modulation options, Saturn 2 brings a new and unique flavour to your music.
Bring your sounds to life
With the use of the extensive modulation section, you’ll be able to add life and depth to your music by applying subtle modulation to crossover frequencies, dynamics, band levels or tone controls which achieve great warmth and definition. With all the XLFOs, EGs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope followers and MIDI sources you’ll ever need, you can achieve unlimited modulation possibilities. Creating new and wonderful modulation connections couldn’t be easier, simply drag and drop with modulation in real-time you can see exactly what is going on.
Lastly, with FabFilter’s Saturn 2 you get all the usual goodies from FabFilter that include: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, interface resizing and full screen mode, support for Avid control surfaces, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, extensive help with interactive help hints, SSE optimization, and much more.
- IMPROVED - 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
- IMPROVED - Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- NEW - Adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- NEW - Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- IMPROVED - Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- NEW - Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel
- Interactive multiband display
- IMPROVED - Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- NEW - Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- NEW - Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Mid/side processing
- NEW - Various interface sizes and Full Screen mode
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Unique per-component presets
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- IMPROVED - Carefully designed and curated Factory Presets, plus support of V1 presets
- Per-band solo and mute options
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats
- Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 64-bit or 32-bit
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel or Apple Silicon processor