Drawmer DS201 Dual Channel (XLR) Noise Gate
The DS201 is a sophisticated dual channel noise gate incorporating a number of features pioneered by Drawmer, which are invaluable to the sound engineer and not found on conventional noise gates.
All input and output connectors are balanced XLRs, with the wiring convention being: pin 2 hot, pin 3 cold and pin 1 ground. For unbalanced operation, it is important to short pin 3 of the XLR connector to ground (pin 1) at both input and output.
Key inputs are made via ¼" mono jack connectors. If the Key jack sockets are permanently wired to a patch bay, it is important that the patch bay sockets are fully normalised to prevent random unwanted triggering.
If earth loop problems are encountered, never disconnect the mains earth but instead, try disconnecting the output signal screen at one end of the cables connecting the DS201 to the patch bay, we suggest inside the XLR connector itself. If such measures are necessary, a balanced operation is recommended.
- Variable high pass and low pass filters for "frequency conscious" gating.
- Comprehensive envelope control, attack, hold, decay, and range.
- Key input for external triggering.
- "Key Listen" facility.
- Extremely fast attack time, to preserve the natural attack of the sound.
- Balanced inputs and outputs.
- Stereo linkable.
- Can be used for "Gating" or "Ducking".
- High audio specification.