The NX4-6000 power amplifier packs 6000 Watts (4 x 1600 Watts @ 2 Ohms; 2 x 3000 Watts @ 4 Ohms) into exceptionally lightweight (13.4 lbs / 6.1 kg) and rack-mountable packages. And because the NX4-6000 is so much more efficient than conventional designs, it runs cooler and doesn't require the massive heat sinks andheavy toroid transformers typically associated with its conventional counterparts. Thanks to 'Zero-Attack' limiters that offer maximum output level with exceptionally-reliable overload protection and SmartSense Loudspeaker impedance compensation, which provides fully linear frequency response at any speaker load impedance, you can run the NX4-6000 full-out for hours on-end. Behringer revolutionary high-density Class-D technology, combined with an ultra-efficient, switch-mode power supply ensure this feather-light powerhouse will drive your rig effortlessly for many years to come.
The front panel controls and indicators provide your system's vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power button, the Power LED lights to show the amp is ready for action. All channels feature positive-detent Gain controls with Signal LEDs that light when a signal is present, as well as Limit LEDs to indicate when the amplifier is running at full capacity. Just as elegant as the front, the rear panel is home to the combo XLR and 1/4"" TRS Input connectors, making the NX4-6000 compatible with virtually any source, balanced or unbalanced. Professional twist-lock speaker sockets are provided to ensure every drop of output power gets to your loudspeakers.
The rear panel is also where you'll find the switches that enable the NX4-6000 amp to run in your choice of dual mono, stereo or mono bridge modes. The NX4-6000's built-in Crossover switch sets the amp to Full-Range mode, where the output is sent unfiltered to your loudspeakers, or Bi-amp mode, which sends only the low-frequency content (<100 Hz) to passive subwoofers, while the high-frequency content (>100 Hz) is channelled to your full-range loudspeakers.
new SmartSense Technology puts the punch back into Class-D amplification, providing vastly improved full-range frequency response with more powerfully-dynamic bass, and smoother high-frequency reproduction. The resulting output is no longer dependent on the actual load, but is rendered perfectly ruler flat via impedance compensation. NX4-6000's design also incorporates a significantly-higher damping factor that yields better amplifier control over the loudspeaker for stronger audio reproduction especially in the LF area.
Sporting massive output ratings, lightweight Class-D technology and an equally lightweight price tag plus all the amenities a professional audio engineer could ask for the BEHRINGER NX4-6000 power amplifier is a serious amp for your most demanding applications.
- Delivers 4 x 1600 Watts into 2 Ohms, 2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms and weighs less than 13.4 lbs / 6.1 kg
- Ultimate reliability through revolutionary cool-running High-Density Class-D technology with 'near-zero' thermal buildup
- Ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Built-in stereo crossover with low-cut, high-cut and full range mode
- SmartSense Loudspeaker impedance compensation features fully linear frequency response at any speaker load impedance
- 'Zero-Attack' limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented and illuminated gain controls for precise level setting
- Precise 4-segment Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR and 1/4inch TRS combination input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional twist-lock speaker connectors for ultimate reliability
- Independent DC, LF and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- 'Back-to-front' ventilation system prevents thermal buildup for reliable operation