The reference-class MDX2600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX2600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, Low-Contour filter and our revolutionary, switchable Tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry. Put simply, the MDX2600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
The secret behind the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600's incredible sound is our Tube Modeling processor, which exudes the very essence of tube and compression. This amazing circuitry accurately emulates the performance characteristics of highly sought-after classic tube compressors, creating a sound that is so rich in harmonic content - you'll wonder where we hid the tubes!
The MDX2600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 1/4"" Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX2600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features the MDX2600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows and an absolute 'must-have' for your studio!
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Integrated De-esser with switchable male/female voice recognition removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable dynamic Enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Switchable Tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times