ART HQ231 Pro Dual 31 Band EQ
The HQ 231 dual 31-band equaliser features ART's proprietary Feedback Detection Circuitry, which claims extreme speed. Its LED indicators can immediately show which band corresponds to the feedback frequency, allowing the sound engineer to reduce gain in that band to quickly kill the feedback while having a minimal impact on the sound of the live programme material. Can also be used to help tune the sound system, and remove problem areas before the show begins.
It also features constant Q circuitry, 45mm centre detent sliders with selectable boost or cut a range of 6dB or 12dB, balanced XLR, and unbalanced RCA input and output connections, high and low pass filters, analogue level metering, variable input controls, signal clip level indicators, ground lift switch, internal power supply and selectable line voltage. The rugged, all-steel 2U chassis Applications for the HQ-231 include Live Sound Systems/PA, Permanent or Fixed Installations, Church, Club and Practice PA Systems, DJ Sound Systems, Home and Project Recording Systems, and Monitor Systems.
The ART proprietary FDC differs from similar systems in that it is extremely fast and utilizes a set of indicators that show which of the many EQ bands has the greatest energy. Although it illuminates the band with the greatest energy with the brightest LED, it doesn't fully discriminate between bands and will not get "stuck" on one band when there is no signal. The function can also act as a simple spectrum viewer.
The rugged, all-steel chassis occupies 2U rack spaces and is intended for installation into standard 19" equipment racks. Applications for the HQ231 include live sound systems/PA, permanent or fixed installations, church, club and practice PA systems, DJ sound systems, home and project recording systems, and monitor systems.
- Dual-channel, 31-band graphic equalizer
- Constant-Q filtering
- FDC Feedback Detection Circuit
- Individual high and low pass filters on each channel
- Center-detented, 20mm frequency band sliders with selectable range
- Independent level and bypass controls on each channel
- Relay bypass - in the event of power loss to the equalizer, the signal will still pass
- Signal clip level indicators
- Ground lift switch
- Internal power supply with selectable line voltage
- FDC™ Feedback Detection Circuit
- Output Level VU Metering on Each Channel
- Individual High and Low Pass Filters on Each Channel
- Independent Level and Bypass Controls on Each Channel
- Variable Input Controls
- Ground Lift Switch
- Selectable Line Voltage