AKG C1000 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Grab the updated AKG C1000 S MKIV (MK4) and see what you've been missing. The C1000 S is perfect for vocals, instruments, mobile broadcast, and interview use. Two gain settings and three frequency settings let you dial this mic in for your intended use. The C1000 S MK4 has been updated to use two AA batteries, instead of a 9V, to provide 120 hours of use at the gig or on the go. The internal capsule is now gold-plated to help resist rust and corrosion. New cosmetics and other features make this update a must have. The AKG C1000 S MK4 delivers that famous AKG condenser sound in an affordable package.
Great for mobile recording or live sound with phantom or battery power
The versatility of the C1000 S MK4 makes this an extremely popular model, and one ideally suited for all kinds of recording and live sound applications. If no phantom power is available, the mic can be powered by two standard AA batteries, making it perfect for mobile use. With its new battery monitoring electronics, the C1000 S MK4 features a reliable LED warning light. The red LED above the microphone switch lights up when the C1000 S MK4 remaining battery life falls below 45 minutes. You'll never be caught with a useless mic in situations where phantom power is not available!
Cardioid pattern can be quickly switched to hypercardioid
The C1000 S MK4 polar pattern can quickly be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid simply by attaching the included PPC 1000 Polar Pattern Converter to the microphone capsule. Plus, The C1000 S MK4 includes a PB 1000 Presence Boost Adapter that adds 3 to 5dB of high-end enhancement between 5 and 9kHz, improving clarity of speech and adding definition to instrument sounds.
Rugged construction stands up to demanding environments
The C1000 S MK4 can handle studio or stage stresses very well, thanks to its durable steel case. A built-in spider shockmount protects the capsule from jolts and reduces handling noise. The on/off switch is recessed to avoid embarrassing "mic off" moments. High output, high sensitivity, great sound: the AKG C1000 S MK4 is a very desirable mic!
- Cardioid condenser for studio or stage use
- Updated to use less expensive AA batteries instead of 9V
- Gold-plated internal capsule helps resist rust and corrosion
- Runs up to 120 hours on 2 x AA batteries
- Frequency range 50Hz-20kHz
- Max. SPL 137dB
- Polar pattern converter allows easy change between cardioid and hypercardioid patterns
- Presence boost adapter increases 5 kHz - 9 kHz frequencies for vocal clarity
- Standard accessories: W1000 foam screen, SA43 stand adapter, and PPC 1000 Polar Pattern Converter
- Recessed on/off switch
- Recommended for vocals, brass, woodwinds, high-hat, cymbals, snare drum, and toms
- Built-in elastic spider suspension