Cubase — the DAW that puts creativity first
Spatious orchestral arrangements, experimental indie pop, floor-filling electronic music or enthralling metal — Cubase offers dedicated tools for all of these musical genres and many more. The world's most popular DAW lets you record, edit and mix your songs like a musician, while providing you a professional, studio-grade audio quality at all stages of the creative process.
Producers | Engineers | Composers | Songwriters
Cubase caters to musicians and engineers of every persuasion and profession. Check out our comparison to see whether the Pro version of Artist suits you better. We also have Education versions available for schools and universities. See Cubase 8 In ActionCheck out our video section below for detailed videos on just what this music production masterpiece is capable of.
For version 8, Steinberg have gone right back to the core of what makes a great DAW, speed and workflow. Then they naturally added all the tools you need to produce at the highest level. ASIO-Guard 2 and Chord Pads are there to capture your inspiration easily with low latency and creative tools. Improved and expanded automation help when it comes to mix time, while the rebuilt audio engine will change your thinking on how fast recording and mixing should be.
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3000 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine
- Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing, and render in-place for simplified editing tasks
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect
- Chord track and pads for easy chord management and reharmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
- Professional music notation and score printing