Zoom Q8 Video Camera
The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with ZOOM’s groundbreaking interchangeable mic capsule system and two XLR/TRS combo inputs for a world of options.
The Q8 offers a large full-color LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a wealth of advanced features. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs allow the connection of external microphones and line-level sources, and a built-in speaker and stereo Headphone/Line Out jack provide audio monitoring; there’s even an HDMI output for video monitoring.
Its high-quality 160-degree wide-angle lens and flexible mounting options mean that you can shoot high-def video anywhere you go. Plus there’s a USB output that allows the Q8 to be interconnected with your computer so you can use it with your favorite streaming or editing software.
The Q8 comes with its own specially designed detachable X/Y microphone, yet it’s compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules. If you already use an H5 or H6, you can swap their capsules with the Q8 too.
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording